John Mellencamp Community
April 28, 2024, 04:56:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Keith Urban Covers JM at Ft Wayne, IN show...  (Read 24190 times)
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« on: July 31, 2011, 11:26:17 pm »

...according to a few tweets.

Keith has been doing several interviews recently mentioning JM as a big influence, especially after seeing his Lonesome Jubilee tour in 1988 in Australia. Very cool he still gives JM a nod.

Here are the tweets...would love to know what he covered.

dierksgrl YES!! @KeithUrban is breaking out Mellencamp!!!

jessig03 Keith Urban did a set of John Mellencamp songs, just for us, Freakin amazing!

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 11:33:12 pm »

Added tweets (when searching "Mellancamp")

Lisa2384 My life is complete!!! @jakeowen & @KeithUrban rocked Mellancamp tonight!!! I am in Heaven!!! <3 <3 <3!!!!

LoAshleyyy Keith and Jake playing John Mellancamp.... I can't describe it #IU

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

acwmcoliseum Memorial Coliseum @KeithUrban and @jakeowen are doing a Mellencamp cover in the encore. Awesome!

k2thehay the coolest part to me had to have been when he (Keith Urban) brought the people up on stage to sing and the mellencamp encore for a solid night cap
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 01:29:08 am by sugarmarie_1980 » Logged

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 07:00:31 am »

Lisa2384 My life is complete!!! @jakeowen & @KeithUrban rocked Mellancamp tonight!!! I am in Heaven!!! <3 <3 <3!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

acwmcoliseum Memorial Coliseum @KeithUrban and @jakeowen are doing a Mellencamp cover in the encore. Awesome!

k2thehay the coolest part to me had to have been when he (Keith Urban) brought the people up on stage to sing and the mellencamp encore for a solid night cap

Cindy can you try to DM any of these twitter users and inquire what songs they did? Guess we should all be watching YouTube for videos too, surely some will show up. Taylor Swift did a bit of Jack and Diane in Indy over the weekend.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 09:23:23 am »

I know KU has covered "Rumbleseat" in concert before.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:39:52 am by walktall2010 » Logged
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 10:19:42 pm »

Cindy can you try to DM any of these twitter users and inquire what songs they did? Guess we should all be watching YouTube for videos too, surely some will show up. Taylor Swift did a bit of Jack and Diane in Indy over the weekend.

Good idea, Tony! I just found Jack and Diane on YouTube...awesome! It sounded from the tweets there may have been more than one song covered. I'll try to DM the tweeters too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4c4DTF-Xbo
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 10:22:08 pm by sugarmarie_1980 » Logged

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 10:52:21 pm »

Okay, received a reply from one of the tweeters. She claims Keith & Jake did two -- she knew Jack & Diane but not the name of the other song covered.

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 10:55:48 pm »

Another GREAT Jack & Diane video with more of a crowd perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNrKLxt3oWc

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 10:58:55 pm »

Looks like the second song was Hurts So Good. I found it on YouTube described as such but the video was removed.

Keith Urban July 31m 2011 Fort Wayne - Hurts So Good.MOV
Keith Urban at Fort Wayne Memorial Coliseum on July 31, 2011 singing Indiana's own John Mellencamp's Hurts So Good as one of the encore songs

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 12:01:32 am »

"Hurts So Good" (1:28 seconds worth) in Ft. Wayne. I love YouTube ;-) !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69x2Q_UJFa4

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 09:34:36 am »

Great job Cindy! Thanks so much for tracking that down.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 10:29:26 am »

No problem. Those types of mini challenges are always fun for me.

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 11:32:12 pm »

They did a great job with the song!
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 08:52:50 pm »

It was played in Nashville as well. I believe it was the show after Ft. Wayne, but don't quote me on that.

Here is a GREAT blog with Jake Owen talking about performing "Jack and Diane" with Keith and how it all evolved. The Nashville performance is embedded in the blog.

http://tasteofcountry.com/keith-urban-jake-owen-jack-and-diane-cover/

Keith Urban and Jake Owen Improvise on ‘Jack and Diane’ at Nashville Concert
By: Billy Dukes

At select dates on Keith Urban‘s Get Closer tour, opening act Jake Owen has joined Urban on stage for the encore. In the video below, the pair are seen singing John Mellencamp‘s ‘Jack and Diane.’ During a recent chat, Owen tells Taste of Country that he didn’t know he’d be asked to help out on the hit song until he was already following Urban on stage.

“You can tell if you’ve seen the YouTube videos, they’re pretty loose,” Owen says of the impromptu performances. “I was just standing at the side of the stage a couple of nights and he saw me standing there when he went up to do his encore, and he just asked me to come up and do it with him. So that was pretty cool.”

There hadn’t been much collaborating between the two, aside from Urban learning Owen’s ‘Don’t Think I Can’t Love You’ for a performance at LP Field during Nashville’s CMA Music Festival in June. Owen says that Urban has been a very accessible tourmate, however.

“Keith is just a good guy,” he says. “He’s one of the people that I’ve really learned on the road that he’s not in it just for the fame or the fortune. The guy truly loves the music and he truly loves playing for people. If he could play for three hours a night he probably would sit out there and do it.”

Tonight, the Get Closer tour with Owen and Urban stops in Augusta, Ga.

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 08:20:37 pm »

a great job by Urban!
Heartlandrocker
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 11:22:03 am »

Keith. Is awesome live,saw him support Bryan Adams in. 05...then 2shows at shepherds bush a year later...has always quoted. J,m as his major influence! !
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: