John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:59:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuttgart  (Read 15015 times)
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2011, 03:05:35 am »

what a show yesterday in stuttgart, that was amazing!!! after the experience one day before it was a relief to see this, a great enjoying crowd, and John and the band at their real best!

a little unrest at the end of the movie, i think itīs a good movie, but too long. the crowd was waiting for the concert to start, but no way of such disrespectful behaviour that happened in munich.
one could see a lot americans from the army, "Coming Down The Road" from wiesbaden. i talked to one who sat behind me, after he complained about the movie. i figured out that he didnīt know that there would be a movie at all, they thought the show would start right at 8:00 like mentioned on the ticket. I think this may be a big problem for many people with the movie.
they had the announcement after the film translated into german, that was good, but for me the problem is the length. anyway...

letīs focus on the performance, that was fascinating again, from the very beginning you could feel that everyone was in a good mood for a great night!
Stuttgartīs "Liederhalle - Beethovensaal" (Hall of Songs - Beethoven room) is one of the best concert halls in the country, foremost classical music but many rock acts as well. the building is real special, and the acoustic is impressive. the music sounds great!
"Roll over Beethoven" was the motto for all!

the setlist did not include any surprise.
John told some familiar stories again, ie the "man on the streets" before "Cherry Bomb". he said "when i was walking on the streets with my girlfriend Meg Ryan, a guy came up..."
"Small Town" had the "new" lyrics again, "married a bunch of girls.."

the audienceīs reaction was top, from the beginning the feeling just was right, and after "Rain On The Scarecrow" all bonds were loose, everyone up from their seats and dancing.
the guy he pulled on stage for "R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A." was great, a funny Eddie-Vedder-lookalike:) he could sing and had his fun up there, great to watch!

I think John and the band as well enjoyed the show a lot, it was a worthy last show in germany.
well done Stuttgart! and well done to the whole band and John! thanks a lot for all the shows, i couldnīt get "NO BETTER THAN THIS"!
Tramp69
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 03:44:58 am »

Thanks for your review. Glad to hear that the show was much better than in Munich and that you had a great time.
Have a good trip back to Berlin Smiley
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 09:14:40 am »

the audienceīs reaction was top, from the beginning the feeling just was right, and after "Rain On The Scarecrow" all bonds were loose, everyone up from their seats and dancing.
the guy he pulled on stage for "R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A." was great, a funny Eddie-Vedder-lookalike:) he could sing and had his fun up there, great to watch!
fANSTASTIC! The crowd sounds amazing. Glad to see it went better.

before "Cherry Bomb". he said "when i was walking on the streets with my girlfriend Meg Ryan, a guy came up..."

His first public decloration  Wink

Only video I could find. very  side view of R.O.C.K.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2FubaNbYCI
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:28:54 am by Mellenfan71 » Logged
schafi
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 10:30:49 am »

what a show yesterday in stuttgart, that was amazing!!! after the experience one day before it was a relief to see this, a great enjoying crowd, and John and the band at their real best!

Yeah ... it was great ... who can remain seated when they play "Check it out"? I just had to get up and dance ... and didn't get down again  ;o)

a little unrest at the end of the movie, i think itīs a good movie, but too long. the crowd was waiting for the concert to start, but no way of such disrespectful behaviour that happened in munich.

You're right, the film could be shorter. However, I've never visited any concert, where the main act began "on time" - and if I had to choose between the film and some mediocre opening band, I'd take the film.

We were at the show at the Warfield in SF in April (a really cool location for such a concert - but getting up to dance was not as easy as in Stuttgart ;o( ...). Back then, we were informed via email that the film would start at 7 p.m. and the concert at 8 p.m. - perhaps it would have been a good idea to also provide this information for the European Tour ...

Actually, at first, I had the impression that the audience was somewhat lame ... but then ... who can resist this music??

Yep ... I also had the impression that John and the band really enjoyed his performance ...

What a concert ...
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 10:48:22 am »

you are right! Check this out:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of7Y8M2q9ek
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 08:24:11 am »

I found two other great videos from the Stuttgart show. Mellencamp in Beethoven Hall:

Jackie Brown:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVoBfk7NoJE&feature=related

Small Town + Old Rugged Cross:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XabQTpqFktk&feature=related

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: