John Mellencamp Community
April 18, 2024, 05:38:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Justice & Independence live?  (Read 5599 times)
AUguy
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2011, 08:19:33 pm »

Long-time fan, new board member. I have a lot of boots, stretching from early days to the current tour, but I've never found a live performance of "Justice & Independence" from Scarecrow. I guess most folks feel it's a throwaway track, but I've always loved the drum and guitar sequence and am fascinated at how it must have sounded live. Anyone know where I can get it?
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 10:15:00 pm »

John has never played this song live. In fact, I remember during Storytellers John was mentioning that he and George Green wrote a couple of bad songs and that "Justice and Independence" was one of them. George was in the audience that night and reminded John that he wrote that song by himself. Given that, I think we can safely say John will never perform "Justice and Independence" live, but stranger things have happened I guess.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: