John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 08:10:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ames Show 4/28/11  (Read 7429 times)
seuss
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2011, 08:50:47 am »

Show last night rocked. . .very high energy!  Loved the film as the intro . . .too bad most people seemed to have no clue they should be there at 7 to see it Sad  Band sounded great altho the bass might have been a bit strong for the size of the venue.  That also could have been because I was rather close (1st row behind the pit) . . .I know sometimes you get a better mix when you're a bit further back.  Here's a link to some of the pics I took.  Please note:  I totally suck trying to take pics w/ no flash . . .especially of someone like John who NEVER seems to stand still for a second Smiley

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32513811@N02/sets/72157626607375218/
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 07:38:31 pm »

We were there!  Row C, one row ahead of you in the pit.  I agree, it's not easy taking pictures without a flash but I commend you for abiding by that respectful rule.  I took many pictures too, some were good and some not so good.  I will post later, if I figure how to.  (Very old School).  Loved that he closed it with Hurt so Good, even though I am very fond and deeply missed his newer stuff he played earlier in the legs.., .... Right Behind Me .... Easter Eve ..... & No Bettert than This .... 

What a show though!, it is simply amazing how this man comes out and gives it his all, song after song without a break.... Man; us older folks in the audience sure could have used a few seconds to breath!  Ha!  John Cockers is simply amazing when he performs it live.  So much conviction!  Reminds me of how he sang "Stones in my Passway" many times live a few years ago.  The light show is perfection.  Many of my photos tell that tale.  (I sure hope I figure out how to post them so all you can see!)  (Remind you all.. No flash either!)  We had quite the belly laugh after the show... We were 2 of 4 standing by the fence waiting to see a glimpse of JM not on stage by gandering at his Airstream surrounded by a private canopy..... A young lady came up to us, and asked us "What's the Plan?"  I swear she looked like a grand girl of his.  We just smiled at her, told her we really don't have any plans.... and then she walked away and got on one of the tour buses.  I wonder who she thought us 2 Minnesotans were?  Never did see JM, kinda wondering if he runs to his haven before the crowd exits the venue?  But we did see many of the band members load up and get on the bus.  We just admired them from afar...as much as we admired the warm spring air and actually feeling the smiles on our faces after that magnificant show!  You guys overseas are in for quite a treat.  You will cherish these moments forever!  He aims to please and never disappoints. We are so lucky to be his fans because he plays for us.  Thank you John.  We mean that from the bottom of our hearts and souls......  Life is grand.
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 09:10:47 pm »

Gald you had a good time! Sound amazing.

Never did see JM, kinda wondering if he runs to his haven before the crowd exits the venue?

I think he gets in his car and goes out to eat. Him and MR were seen pulling up to a restaurant by autograph seekers.
seuss
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 09:44:47 am »

We were there!  Row C, one row ahead of you in the pit.  I agree, it's not easy taking pictures without a flash but I commend you for abiding by that respectful rule.  I took many pictures too, some were good and some not so good.  I will post later, if I figure how to.  (Very old School).  Loved that he closed it with Hurt so Good, even though I am very fond and deeply missed his newer stuff he played earlier in the legs.., .... Right Behind Me .... Easter Eve ..... & No Bettert than This .... 

LOL - I'm usually an "abide by the rules" kinda gal!  I have a new Nikon and I guess I should have played around a little before the show to see what setting worked best.

I really loved "Hurts So Good" as the closer . . .I figured "R-O-C-K" would be it.  It was an amazing show.  I don't get to see JM as much as I'd like . . .hopefully he'll be touring for us for a long time to come Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: