John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 04:36:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Colin James  (Read 6816 times)
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2011, 09:15:22 pm »

For all you guitar lovers out there...here's a great songwriter, guitarist...he does the blues and big band too!  Canadian to boot!  Great in concert if you have the chance to see him live.
http://www.colinjames.com/
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 03:19:01 pm »

Another good Canadian kid. (from Vancouver, BC)  I remember when I heard "Five Long Years" for the first time.  I loved the song. I thought, at the time, Colin would be come a worldwide sensation, like Bryan Adams but that didn't quite happen.  Nonetheless, he's had great success over the last 20 or so years.

Mike       
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 11:02:22 am »

WOW, Great concert last night in Toronto at Massey Hall . (John played there in Feb. 2011) Colin was on fire and had Chris Caddell along. (another great Cdn. guitarist)  So glad Colin is still sharing his music with all of us.  Concert was mostly acoustic, small band, bass and drums.  Played a huge selection of his songs 2+ hours, from 25+ year career, and some other classics, Van Morrison, Levon Helm, Bob Dylan.  So looking forward to Colin's CD coming out in a few months - 15 - named in honour of this his 15th CD/album to date.  If you aren't familiar with this incredible guitarist you need to have a listen. Maybe he's coming to your city next? http://www.colinjames.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: