John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 01:20:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whatcha Think?  (Read 15468 times)
hoffman1611
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2011, 02:11:01 pm »

Would anyone but me be very excited if Mellencamp made an album in the same rocking style as Uh-Huh. I believe this is his most rocking and coolest album. I have them all and never heard a Mellencamp record I didn't like but I truly miss the rock side of him.
jeffreyjack
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 08:42:35 pm »

Don't we all.

I talked to a lady on Facebook who had just gone to her first Mellencamp concert.  She said she was a brand new fan, so she doesn't know anything about his concerts from long ago.  (She must know his older music, though.  No?).  She loved his concert.

But of course we remember, back in the day.

Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 08:43:07 pm »

John's last two albums have been great and I love the musical path he's on.  I also support the idea of John recording another rockin' album like Uh-Huh.

Mike    
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 03:15:30 pm by Smalltownboy » Logged
cge333
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 03:08:18 pm »

I often think about how I would love for John to put out another rockin album like Uh Huh and Whenever We Wanted.  It's funny because when I go to one of his shows in my mind i want him to rock out the whole show and then he ends up doing some acoustic stuff which blows me away, and then i think I am so glad he performed that song accoustically.  I guess the only way to please us all is for him to play the songs both acoustic and rocking versions in the same show.

The past couple of albums have been great so I am cool if John does another in that style or if he wants to put out a rockin album I am game for that as well.
petenkaren
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 09:20:33 pm »

Ready to rock again.  Love all of JM's music, but soooooooo ready to plug things back in for a while.

Not sure it'll ever happen again as long as he and T-Bone are buds.

No complaints, love JM's music.  Always inspiring to me.  Just know he can still deliver the same powerful messages with an electric guitar and real drums!  BTW, where is the lovely and talented Pat Peterson???  I miss her.

Pete

It sure would feel good to feel good again, Oh My Sweet Love...
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 05:38:59 am »

Uh-huh was an album by a young band, very quickly done and raw, but not even close to the creativity and strength of the past albums. but the style of the music doesn´t matter as long as the quality is there, John Mellencamp often surprised us and rarely repeated himself. a new rock album produced by a grown-up Little Bastard would be fantastic, Rodeo Clown made us hungry for this. I am sure he will do the right next thing!
hoffman1611
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 12:48:17 am »

I just feel that mellencamp as he got older stop looking at himself as a rock artist and did what was close to his heart. Which i own every one of his albums and love that music btw. But the bottom line is he has forgotten what made him famous and what made him stand out. It wasn't No Better than this or even Bid Daddy. It was American Fool and Uh-Huh. So with all due to respect Mr. Mellencamp, stop looking at the glass as half fool and write a rocking fucking album. People wanna hear Hurts so Good and Crumblin Down. Don't reject the people that made you famous. It always surprises me how people on here dismiss American Fool. If not for that album we wouldn't be here discussing him.
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 03:25:06 pm »

Musicians evolve and change as they get older.  Just the way we all do.  John's no different.  When he was young, he rocked out.  Today, he is a little more mellow.  Has he forgotten how to record a rocking album and what made him famous to begin with?  That's pretty doubtful.  He is a rocker at heart and always will be.  He's just on a different path right now that's all.  I would say it's not part of his agenda right now to record another rock album.  People do want to hear the hits that made Mellencamp great back in the day, that's a given and he still does play the hits.  He may have changed the arrangements but they're still the same songs they always were.  Didn't Eric Clapton do the same thing with Layla some years ago?  I'm sure one day John will record another rockin album.  Until then, let's enjoy the musical journey John is on right now.  I think No Better Than This is a pretty rockin' track.  It really can't get any better.

Mike           
hoffman1611
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 04:59:06 pm »

I agree with you. I love all of his music  and that includes NBTT. I just love his rock sound, whenever I hear Warmer Place to Sleep and Lovin Mother Fo Ya my blood starts to cook. I just miss that side of him when he conquered the world with that fuck you type of attitude.
lette
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 10:13:52 pm »

I agree that John is evolving and I love every album currently have Big Daddy in the car and was really enjoying revisiting that and blasting it loud too! When we went to see John at Massey Hall in Toronto we invited 2 friends that knew of John but hadnt heard him in a while and they were both pleasntly surprised had a great time and are now converts! Im in the process of burning all my cd's for them now. I think it's good that as a muscians career grows the music should change and grow too because who wants to have 20 CD's that all sound the same? Johns music has a sound unique to him, and you can listen to his first cd and his last cd and know it is still him.
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 07:42:29 am »

Well said, "You know it's still him."
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 12:18:10 pm »

I agree that John is evolving and I love every album currently have Big Daddy in the car and was really enjoying revisiting that and blasting it loud too! When we went to see John at Massey Hall in Toronto we invited 2 friends that knew of John but hadnt heard him in a while and they were both pleasntly surprised had a great time and are now converts! Im in the process of burning all my cd's for them now. I think it's good that as a muscians career grows the music should change and grow too because who wants to have 20 CD's that all sound the same? Johns music has a sound unique to him, and you can listen to his first cd and his last cd and know it is still him.

Maybe I'm just a stickler for supporting what should be a given expectation but maybe your friends could buy their own CD copies or buy the tracks off iTunes and support the writers and artists who made the songs rather than copying the tracks and leaving them out of the legal loop?
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 05:19:20 pm »

I love the current tone/type of his music. He seems to really love what he does and it shows.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: