John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 06:37:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: In what year did John drop Cougar from his name?  (Read 14090 times)
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2011, 11:35:28 am »

I still hear some radio stations still using Cougar when announcing they're going to play one of John's songs.  They'll use the full "John Cougar Mellencamp" when talking about John's music.  When did John drop Cougar?  From what I remember, it's been years.  Does anyone else notice radio stations doing this? 

Mike 
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 12:40:39 pm »

From what I remember I thought he dropped the "Cougar" in 1991 when he released the "Whenever We Wanted" album. I have XM radio in my car and I have notice older songs say John Cougar Mellencamp and the newer ones say John Mellencamp. On the regular radio when I live they call him John Mellencamp even if they play older songs. I hope that helps.

Sheila
lette
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 10:22:26 pm »

The problem I have is with my Ipod, because I have albums under John Cougar, John Cougar Mellencamp and then John Mellencamp! so I cant ever to a complete suffle of all Johns stuff if anyone on the planet knows how I can rectify this problem I would be enternally greatful!
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 07:44:06 am »

Life was so much easier when all you had to do
was file your 45's in alphabetical order.  Anyone remember
those 45 cases from the 60's.   I still have mine~I am sure
it is a collectors item!
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 04:16:07 pm »

Yeah, the good ol' 45s.  I remember when I was a kid back in the 70s, I had a whole bunch of 45s.  I continued to buy them in the 80s whenever a song came out that I liked.  I still have a lot of them and they sound as good as they did back then. 

Mike
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 12:03:08 pm »

My suggestion would be make a new playlist with all of his tracks/songs and then you can just select that one playlist on your ipod when you are in the mood...all the time??....without searching through your whole library.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 12:14:44 pm by mitch1982 » Logged
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 02:03:55 pm »

I still hear some radio stations still using Cougar when announcing they're going to play one of John's songs.  They'll use the full "John Cougar Mellencamp" when talking about John's music.  

Heard a D.J say it the other day.. I thought what decade is this guy living in Embarrassed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: