John Mellencamp Community
April 18, 2024, 11:41:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UK TOUR??  (Read 30454 times)
mick2112
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2011, 08:24:19 am »

Will we be able to purchase direct from here for the two UK dates that Johns playing? Will there be a pre-sale etc or is that just for those in the US?
Will the special packages still apply?
Still cat quite believe John will be playing in Maanchester just 15 miles from where i live!!!!
Mick
andrewabrown

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 04:35:33 am »

On sale now with O2 Priority
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/3600466FBB3590B5?did=ukpslno2&brand=livenationo2

Good Luck
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 08:06:36 am »

Will we be able to purchase direct from here for the two UK dates that Johns playing? Will there be a pre-sale etc or is that just for those in the US?
Will the special packages still apply?
Still cat quite believe John will be playing in Maanchester just 15 miles from where i live!!!!
Mick

It is not a dream. John is coming to Europe and will be playing 14 shows. The final details are coming together as we speak to announce the full tour, hopefully on Wednesday.

We have the details posted on the Mellencamp.com TOUR page about Manchester and London. There are presales happening today/tomorrow for these shows.

The key thing to do to get all of the details we have is to click the BLUE " i " icon on the tour grid to take you to the Mellencamp.com show details page. This link is located under the SHOW INFO column.

We expect the Paris show to go on sale this weekend with a presale on Friday.

Ticketing works very differently in Europe than in the US so we are at the mercy of John's management and the European concert promoters giving us the details of the ticket on sales.

It appears some shows will have SEVERAL official ticket sellers which is very unlike the USA.

Because of this, there will not be separate/stand alone Mellencamp.com presales for the European shows. We will piggy back, when possible, with the other presales that may be taking place locally. However please be investigating these opportunities for yourself in case word of the presales do not reach us in time.

We will be trying to offer our premium ticket packages to as many shows as possible, but again it may turn out that several shows don't offer them and I am not sure how much advance warning we are going to get about that.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
northwestboy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 11:23:07 am »

Hi there mick I like you cannot believe he is coming to manchester which is twenty miles from my home 35 mins on the train whoo hoo I saw him at the NEC 19 years ago and he was amazing this as made my summer  Cheesy ps just got my ticket today
aeloman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 06:38:39 pm »

such exciting times for us longtime fans of john's who have been starved of his gigs for way too long.
i wonder if any has a live recollection of john that goes back as far as mine, i first saw him as the support act to a popular british singer in the seventies called john miles who had a really big hit with a song called 'music'. i think the gig would have been in 77 or 78 at the liverpool empire and back then john was john cougar and was managed i think by the same guy who used to manage rod stewart back in the day. to be truthful, i remember him as being pretty awful on the night, i think his management back then wanted john to be something he wasn't and wasn't comfortable with and thankfully very soon after this time, he quickly developed into the classy artist we all love that he has now been for so many years.
aeloman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 06:42:11 pm »

got my tickets got manchester(row b centre) and london(row m centre) so i am now one very happy bunny.
greenhills

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 06:51:23 pm »

When are we likely to get news of the "TBA" date on July 3rd ? Is it likely to be a second night at Hammersmith ? I need to make my hotel bookings so I'm hoping this will be announced soon  Cool
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 08:31:04 am »

When are we likely to get news of the "TBA" date on July 3rd ? Is it likely to be a second night at Hammersmith ? I need to make my hotel bookings so I'm hoping this will be announced soon  Cool

Hopefully it will be resolved and announced in the next few days so hang in if you can to book your hotels. They have several options of where to play depending on how the initial ticket sales go.

alialialibrown

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 08:42:57 am »

Hiya

Does anyone know how the Stalls Standing is going to work in Hammersmith. I bought standing tickets but there seem to be seated tickets on sale downstairs too which makes no sense.

I'll be gutted if I've paid £35 to stand at the back!!!!!!

STRATHGLASS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 09:01:46 am »

Pretty certain stalls standing for Hammersmith is at the back when it is not an all standing concert. Frequently the stalls standing tickets only go on sale when the venue is almost sold out. Think the ticket prices are another clue.

Wondering now if TBA is not now to be a second night at Hammersmith. Agencies have plenty of Hammersmith tickets left so initial ticket sales cannot have been outstanding.
Glasgow or Gateshead would be great !!

greenhills

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 02:15:23 pm »

Gateshead would be great !!

+1 - and the Sage is free on the 3rd  Grin
greenhills

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 06:04:51 pm »

Hopefully it will be resolved and announced in the next few days so hang in if you can to book your hotels. They have several options of where to play depending on how the initial ticket sales go.

Hey Tony, any news on the 3rd July yet ? I'm still hanging in there but I can't hang in there much longer or I'll be out on the street  Wink
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 08:08:47 am »

Hey Tony, any news on the 3rd July yet ? I'm still hanging in there but I can't hang in there much longer or I'll be out on the street  Wink

Should be determined in about a week. It's all dependent on how ticket sales go in the UK as to what market gets the show on the 3rd.

chucksrfc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 08:38:19 am »

Booked my tickets for Manchester this morning! It's been a mighty long wait for us Brits. I too was there at the NEC 19 years ago. Really looking forward to this.  Smiley

Watchin girls on the street, well, thats alright with me....

mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 08:54:19 am »

Yay Chuck.....long time no hear.  Thrillled that you will finally be getting a JM show after all this time.  Woo Hoo! Grin

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: