John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 01:06:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's John's best selling album to date?  (Read 9012 times)
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2011, 11:36:26 am »

Does anyone know what John's best selling album to date is?  How many copies of it were sold?

Mike
cge333
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 05:29:22 pm »

Not sure which one is his best selling. I do believe that he has 2 albums that have sold over 5 million copies- American Fool and Scarecrow I believe.
Tockit
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 09:45:48 pm »

American Fool. 

It sold 5 million+ copies, had the number one single “Jack & Diane” AND the top ten single “Hurts So Good”.  A feat unmatched since November 16, 1974, by John Lennon. 

Mellencamp also won Best Rock Vocal Performance, Male, for “Hurts So Good” from "American Fool" at the 25th annual Grammy Awards in 1983.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 09:47:21 pm by Tockit » Logged
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 09:58:46 pm »

I love what he said on.... VH1 Behind the Music. "NA NA NA NA NA," while holding the album cover to "Cover his face" and swaying left to right, right to left......... when he was trying to visually portray to the viewer how they all felt, when American Fool made it big,

He was here to stay. Without this Album who knows if all of us Mellenchicks would have and still get to...... see him Dance time after time?
What a blessing.
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 01:44:01 pm »

American Fool. 

It sold 5 million+ copies, had the number one single “Jack & Diane” AND the top ten single “Hurts So Good”.  A feat unmatched since November 16, 1974, by John Lennon. 

Mellencamp also won Best Rock Vocal Performance, Male, for “Hurts So Good” from "American Fool" at the 25th annual Grammy Awards in 1983.

How many Grammys has he won?
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 04:26:23 pm »

How many Grammys has he won?

Exactly one ''best male vocal for Hurts So Good'' artists don't win Grammys for their best work, if they did John would have a closet full of them, Grammy voters are nothing but a bunch of clueless hacks.
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 11:29:27 am »

Grammy voters are nothing but a bunch of clueless hacks.

Ditto. As are Emmy voters, Oscars etc. Pick an awards show.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: