John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 01:49:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Mellenmoments  (Read 29664 times)
janes6289
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2010, 10:07:32 pm »

I get to post the first mellenmoment on the new forum - does that count as a mellenmoment?Huh

Ok here is the real mellenmoment for today....I took my children zip-lining today for a grand time of hanging out in the trees.  There were 8 total assigned to our group.  We passed an animal skull hanging on one of the branches and our guide asked my son if he had ever seen a Jersey Devil.  I quickly replied..."you mean Bruce?"  One of the other guys in our zipping group (who I did not know) said he grew up down the street from Bruce and his buddies were always shouting Bruce this, Bruce that...like he was some kind of God or something but I was always like...Mellencamp baby!  I about fell out of the tree!  My son just shook his head and said..."he's one of your own".
selena
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 10:16:33 pm »

I love it!  That's a fantastic moment to kick off this topic!
farfelp
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 08:05:04 pm »

that made my day, Jane!
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 04:53:38 pm »

Just reading this...great way to start the Mellenmoment thread!

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
littlesusie39
Global Moderator
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 06:22:39 am »

on my yahoo mail page today (8-20-2010) JM was listed as "trending" now. i don't usually bother with those but  I had to Check It Out.
It was all about his comment about the internet being like an atomic bomb to the music business.
OF course they are making it out to be much more than he meant it.
Cool

Freedom’s Road:  If you want to take a ride
Well you’ve got to pay the toll

susan_shanks
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 05:08:02 am »

I turned on the local TV/radio station in mom's hospital room this morning at 4:20 and Cherry Bomb was playing. I said, "mom, that is John".....she replied, "Leave him on"! hahaha she's 86 but has heard "him" for years.
rockchucker
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 10:52:12 pm »

For a retirement gift my coworkers made me a really neat hard bound book.  In it they made a page for each National Forest in our Region located in Oregon and Washington and included pictures of themselves, pictures of scenic areas on their forests, and their names and home addresses, emails, and telephone numbers.  Also they placed pictures of me that they had taken throughout my 20 year career as their leader.  Oh NO!  I didn't age one bit!  Pictures of my hubby and I, and our daughter.  They did all this unknown to me, and my DH shared pictures of me and John when we met him backstage in Auburn, WA.  They also included the lyrics for Longest Days.  The picture of John standing, head tilted, in white T shirt and another picture of me holding an autographed photo that he'd sent in the mail once.  Below the picture of John and I at Auburn is the title KRIS MELLENHEAD.  What a beautiful mellenmoment opening that book, and one that will repeat itself each and every time Kris Mellenhead opens that book!  Life truely is short even in its longest days.  But I got the last word...Posted above my empty desk I left my.... NO Parking - MELLENHEADS ONLY! sign.   

I'm not running anymore!
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 10:57:06 pm »

Wonderful mellenmoment, Kris. Truly a thoughtful, thoughtful gift! And I love how you couldn't be outdone with the parking sign.  Cheesy

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 10:13:16 am »

And the message on her computer..."Gone Camping!"
bobishere

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 11:24:50 am »

My grandfather passed away over thirty years ago. He was a farmer in South Dakota. When Farm Aid was started twenty five years ago, I said that if it ever came to my area ( I live in Racine, Wisconsin) I would go to it, and honor my Grandpa by wearing his old jeans jacket. I saw the annoucement of Miller Park in Milwaukee, Wis., and was excited. Then, my best friend Rick passed away recently. I am a dispaced worker, and I am going back to school at age 52, and I am still trying to be a writer - but i won't give up or back down. I will find a way to get to Farm Aid. bobishere   
littlesusie39
Global Moderator
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 12:18:53 pm »

Kris: love it!  Cool

Bob: I truly hope you get to go to farm aid.  Smiley

My MM this am:

CLICK!

ROCK IN THE USA

The radio clicked on this am for my wake up call and one of my personally favorite tunes was on!  listened to it; dancing in my head [with JM at the Crump,] and then i went back to sleep!

Oh yeah, been having a great day ever since

rockchucker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 05:30:39 pm »

SQ glad you are having a great day after having had "Taken a Little MORE time to dream!" 

I'm not running anymore!
littlesusie39
Global Moderator
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 05:52:39 pm »

SQ glad you are having a great day after having had "Taken a Little MORE time to dream!" 

good one Kris, very good.

tattudemellenhead
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 05:31:13 pm »

I don't know if anyone else calls these mellenmoments, but I do......if I am at a grocery store or somewhere that has music playing overhead and Mellencamp comes on.....I consider that a mellenmoment for me cuz it just happened to play while I was there. C'mon, I don't think just a coincidence.  LOL   I went to Subway, which I don't eat, was getting a sandwich for my husband and I had to text him cuz while standing in line, Hurt So Good came on, just another mellenmoment for me to make me smile.  Smiley
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 07:43:36 pm »

I don't know if anyone else calls these mellenmoments, but I do......if I am at a grocery store or somewhere that has music playing overhead and Mellencamp comes on.....I consider that a mellenmoment for me cuz it just happened to play while I was there. C'mon, I don't think just a coincidence.  LOL   I went to Subway, which I don't eat, was getting a sandwich for my husband and I had to text him cuz while standing in line, Hurt So Good came on, just another mellenmoment for me to make me smile.  Smiley

yup, that's a MM
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: