John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 09:18:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: John's "Look"  (Read 18387 times)
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2011, 08:59:07 am »

So what does everyone think of the beard and the hair?  At first I didn't think much of the beard, but it's kind of growing on me.  Now - the hair - at first I thought that was C-r-a-z-y!!!!  But - I'm kind of liking it....in fact...I'm leaning that direction with my own.  The older I get the crazier I feel....just feel like throwing everything to the wind....including the hair!!  Go John - "let it all hang out!"

"-somedays I still don't know what to do-"

Mary in Michigan
lette
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 01:31:59 pm »

I love Johns new look. I also loved the suit he wore on stage for his first show in Toronto too but he did seem to keep pulling up his pants alot so maybe he needed to tighten his belt a little or go for a smaller pair or pants
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 09:55:55 pm »

John is sexy no matter how he looks.  Grin
mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 09:11:50 am »

I'm loving it. He looks great. If he was to keep up with the dark hair, then he was going to start looking ridiculous.   Roll Eyes

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 09:57:37 am »

Not sure about the track pants though, can't get used to that one!

Glad he's gone darker for his hair again, I wasn't liking the overall grey.
lette
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 11:18:10 am »

No Im not sure about the Track pants either! and the grey hair well lets face it guys John aint getting any younger and I think older guys with really black hair look kind of weird when we all know it is really grey underneath I mean look at the state of Robert Redford we all know that his hair isnt that vibrant red colour anymore! and sometimes it doesnt even look like his hair used to look it looks too fake!
oberturn
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 04:35:27 pm »

My husband said he looked like Kris Kristofferson when we saw him in November.  I agreed.  lol...  He sure does pull up those pants all the time.  I think he needs a tailor so he doesn't have to deal with that during a show.  I like guys with gray hair.  At least he has a nice head of hair!  I don't like the beard though. 

There is a time to cry and a time to get with it.
taz7676
Christine
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 05:44:48 pm »

Luv the scruff! And about the pants... I few years ago at a show when he pulled them up he said something like "when a guy gets older, he loses his butt"! I think of that every time...

Christine B.
Little pink houses for you and me...
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 10:08:02 am »

HA!   That's hilarious!!!!!   (And true!!!)

"-somedays I still don't know what to do-"

Mary in Michigan
Mellenfan71
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 04:06:32 pm »

Someone said he looked like an older version of "wolverine" from the X men Movies. LOL
Rene
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 05:43:34 pm »

He looked good back in Sept. or Oct. right before launching the new tour. And it's been downhill since. Elaine kept him looking clean. Most people glow in a new relationship. This is the first time I've seen anyone decline. And it's not the spina bifida. It's over-all grooming. His hair looks greasy, "greasy hair, greasy smile.... ah, ain't that america!" clumpy and in need of a decent cut. MellenRyn combined don't look "relaxed" in their dress. They look downright sloppy. Sorry folks, just an opinion.
Rene
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 06:04:52 pm »

Case in Point:

http://igossip.com/gossip/John_Mellencamp_and_Wife_Seperate_After_Twenty_Years/1380603
slm1206
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2011, 06:59:31 pm »

Smiley I know I will get rotten tomatoes thrown in my face, but I tend to agree with you Rene. The worst part is, if we the loving fans feel this way, how does the public in general feel? In John's defense, we all have our bad days when we just want to lounge around. Meg doesn't know any color but black...boring. I can remember how good John looked in just a plain, clean, white t-shirt.
Rene
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 09:45:09 pm »

It's not meant as insulting, so I hope no tomatoes. The post asked for thoughts about the new look. I sort of liked his white shirt and black pants days. The turning point seemed to be the shot of him walking with MR in NY wearing the leather jacket. Frankly, it seems he's going through a delayed mid-life crisis. The talent remains and that's what matters. But I do miss the buff and polish he had and I suspect that was due to Elaine. In all, good wishes!
Rhonda2
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 12:26:35 pm »

Gotta disagree on this one. I don't think his outfits have changed that much at all. It's just that now, because he is dating someone more famous - he's more visable with loads more pictures being taken than before. In any case I don't really think John cares much about fashion anyway ;-) Let's not blame his girlfriend for that, sorry. They're obviously happy and neither one of them cares about their clothes.  One more thing they have in common. Live and let live.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: