John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 09:48:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio City Music Hall  (Read 10191 times)
marianne123
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2011, 04:49:17 pm »

Since I can't seem to think about much besides the show in New York, I was checking out RCMH's information site and found this:

Radio City Music Hall was created by John Rockefeller with the help of the Radio Corporation of America and theatrical genius S.L. “Roxy” Rothafel during the Great Depression. The interior was designed by relatively unknown decorator Donald Deskey, who created an “American” dream. Radio City is the largest indoor theater in the world, with 160 feet in length and a ceiling that reaches 84 feet. The Radio City Music Hall has a “Stage Door Tour” that is one hour and takes individuals through the interior of the Music Hall. Tour times are Monday through Sunday from 11am to 3pm.

We'll be too tired from dancing to come back for any guided tour, but it's kind of interesting to read about the size of the venue, and it's history.  It's going to be a really great location to see JM!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 04:59:02 pm by marianne123 » Logged

-Marianne
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 02:42:17 pm »

Anyone who is attending the show should walk aroung the theatre,
check out the restrooms on the lower floor.  They are from the art
deco era.
lette
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 02:54:29 pm »

Radio City is a truly awsome building my husband and I saw Eddie Izzard there for my birthday 3 years ago. I love the art deco era and loved the inside of this gorgeous building too and yes the washrooms are definately worth a visit. I love the staircase in the foyer too. John will be great there too.
lkunze
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 07:19:12 pm »

I have two great seats to Radio City Music Hall on Friday night- in 8th Row..and I CANT GO!!  If anyone is interested in buying them from me please message me....

dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 10:49:16 am »

Friday, can not come quick enough!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: