John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 02:06:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st of Toronto Shows - Feb. 9  (Read 10829 times)
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2011, 06:40:25 am »

Well he came and he conquered!  This venue, Massey Hall, has seen some greats grace it's stage since it opened in the 1890's and last night will just be added to that list of great appearances.  John and his amazing band wowed the crowd with a well thought out blend of new and old.  The lighting, fantastic sound mix and song choices couldn't have been better.

I won't spoil it for those of you going tonight by giving anything away but let me tell you, you are in for one hell of a show!!

Here is an article that is running in the Toronto Sun this morning.

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/music/2011/02/10/17219696.html
lette
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 07:55:15 am »

I was there too awsome show, best I've seen him and I seen him 5 times. Massy Hall is a fab venue to see any artist in and I know John would have enjoyed the history of the place as well as the intimacy. Great show Fab music and a fun evening.
adojamesjess
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 10:11:06 am »

i was at the show last nite also...but i have to say his opening nite in bloomington was (for me)a nicer performance from start to end..his approach to re-invent himself was right on..but i guess he went back to his rockways.
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 11:54:00 am »

i was at the show last nite also...but i have to say his opening nite in bloomington was (for me)a nicer performance from start to end..his approach to re-invent himself was right on..but i guess he went back to his rockways.

How did he go back to his rock ways? The setlist last night was almost identical to the show in Bloomington that kicked off the tour, with two or three exceptions. It's essentially the same show.
bmlncmp101
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 12:13:25 pm »

I have some video of the girl he pulled up, if you happen to be on here and would like it Smiley Not the greatest, but if you don't have anything else. 

And.,..

The show was amazing!!!!
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 01:29:38 pm »

I was there too awsome show, best I've seen him and I seen him 5 times. Massy Hall is a fab venue to see any artist in and I know John would have enjoyed the history of the place as well as the intimacy. Great show Fab music and a fun evening.

Yes, and some of the band members thought it quite ironic and were joking that they all owned the famous Neil Young LP that was recorded there many years ago.  Guess it all comes full circle.  The hall has been blessed by many over it's 110+ plus years.
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 01:42:40 pm »

How did he go back to his rock ways? The setlist last night was almost identical to the show in Bloomington that kicked off the tour, with two or three exceptions. It's essentially the same show.

I have to agree. While I wasn't in Bloomington, last night was a far departure from the "rockin' " John I have known and seen for over 28 years.  Last night was a refreshing change from the old ways with a lot of new material, re-invented old stuff and over 2/3's of it less "rock" and more mellow.  From the set lists reported on this site things seem to be the same for the most part from show to show.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: