John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 03:56:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan Show Review Lowell, MA By L. Sailor  (Read 8760 times)
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2011, 09:48:32 am »

Long time fan of Mellencamp, been to two  concerts since 80’s and this was the best I have experienced. Simple sets allowed me to focus on what I came there to see:  a still sexy and alive John  and a very well casted band. Mellencamp's ability to deliver an orchestra of rock embedded with lyrics that reach through generations., was produced as a show which will never be replicated on a simple you tube experience. Playing for an entire 2 hrs and only standing  out on one song which was a highlighted , as  the audience tried to even begin to appreciate the incredible talent of Miriam Strum.  Favorite moments of the show:  when the John Cougar I remember called out a rude male fan, the acoustic sing along of CherryBomb, the absolute evolution of Mellencamp heard in the new compositions, and finally the classiest encore I have ever experienced.  John embodies what it means being an American,  imperfect but evolving and this I think any music lover can relate to.  If you want you’re an experience and a value add – go to the No Better than This tour and go early.
tattudemellenhead
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 05:58:31 pm »

Loved your review, thank you for sharing. Smiley
pmon914
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 03:49:03 pm »

Great review.  Excited for NYC.  What time did John hit the stage?
lette
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 07:49:05 am »

Saw JM at Massy Hall Toronto last night awsome show. I've see john 5 times and this was the best because in the smaller setting you actually get to see him! Music was fantastic as usual loved the mix up loved the band. John was on form telling the hecklers his microphone was louder so he could outshout them! He did the Cherry Bomb thing again and the girl on stage thing again so Im thinking its a part of the show not a quick add in. Favourite song was Rain on the scarecrow which he belted out towards the end of the show. No complaints at all worth the money and a great great evening out listening to the music that I love.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: