John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 03:33:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LOWELL, MA -THIS SHOW KICKED ASS  (Read 17724 times)
RSOX49FAN
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2011, 12:08:11 am »

WOW!!!! The Lowell show was f***ing awesome. He sounded and looked so good.They all did. It was well worth the $135. The only sucky thing was people from way behind went up front and blocked the middle isle. The staff at the auditorium should have made them move because people who actually paid for their seats down there couldn't see as well. Anyway, it was great . The movie prior to the show was amazing too. I really enjoyed it. Hope it's for sale. I wouldn't mind adding that to my collection. I'm sure many others will agree, it was awesome and it kicked ass!
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 04:41:58 am »

people from way behind went up front and blocked the middle isle. The staff at the auditorium should have made them move because people who actually paid for their seats down there couldn't see as well.

That's why I always sit in the front row.

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 08:23:47 am »

thanks for posting, glad to hear you had a good time.

setlist or pictures?
susan_shanks
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 10:23:17 am »

people from way behind went up front and blocked the middle isle. The staff at the auditorium should have made them move because people who actually paid for their seats down there couldn't see as well.

That's why I always sit in the front row.

Me too, Rich....... Cool Cool Cool Cool
JamesDesrosiers
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 10:46:17 am »

Review from a fan:  Mellencamp put on a great show.  I loved it, but found the fans around me to be uneasy about the lack of hits from the 80's.  Most wanted "Hurts So Good" and "Jack and Diane".  In my opinion (again, just a fan), this isn't what this tour is about.  His last CD was made on one take, with one mono microphone, in the same room where Robert Johnson recorded, and without technology or computers.  His intention was to stay far away from today's pop scene and bring us all back to the roots of music.  Last night was incredible music, raw and bubble gum free.  Perfect, if you were expecting that, but disappointing if you only wanted to hear his Top 10 hits from 25 years ago.  Rock on, John and the band!
jbrittain

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 10:48:38 am »

Going to the Waterbury show tonight. Can someone post a setlist from Lowell? Dying to hear what he's playing.
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 11:07:57 am »

Going to the Waterbury show tonight. Can someone post a setlist from Lowell? Dying to hear what he's playing.

Authority Song

No One Cares About Me

Death Letter

John Cockers

Walk Tall

The West End

Check it Out

Save Some time to Dream

Cherry Bomb

Delia

Don’t Need This Body

Right Behind Me

Jackie brown

Longest Days

Easter Eve

Jack and Diane

Small town

Hymn

Scarecrow

Paper in Fire

The Real Life

What if I Came Knocking

If I Die Sudden

No Better Than This

Pink Houses

Rock In The USA

ENCORE

She’s So Tough (Mink DeVille cover)
jbrittain

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 11:28:45 am »

Excellent – thank you for the setlist!
petenkaren
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 04:56:42 pm »

ENCORE

She’s So Tough (Mink DeVille cover)

[/quote]

Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa!  Encore???  Really?  Did he actually leave the stage after waving goodbye with his Howie Mandel Deal or No Deal Salute and actually come back with the band and play another song?Huh 

It sure would feel good to feel good again, Oh My Sweet Love...
RSOX49FAN
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 05:41:53 pm »

Sorry. I know you asked the other day for pictures. I am NOT tech savy, both my friend and I were not able to get any pictures. I see someone posted the set list so hopefully someone will come through with some pictures. I'm still in my glory over that great show. Thank you John, bandmates, and all involved in getting here and putting on a terrific show.
eyesontheprize
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 06:52:28 pm »

Outstanding to see Delia in the setlist.
SEISAN

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 07:13:18 pm »

Went to the concert lat night in lowell. From all the reviews I must have been somewhere else or not drunk enough. on a scale of 1 to 10. It barely made a 4. Can anybody really say the sound system last night was good. It was awful. And the lack of spotlights, where members of the band were actually playing in the dark, or did you miss that. I have been to a Melloncamp 10 concert and this was nowhere near it. Still like most of his music but last JCM concert for me. LMA holds 2800 people and there were empty seats. Mmm maybe they were the smart ones.
richm752
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 07:49:56 pm »

I sorry you did not enjoy yourself.

RichM752rnEverything is cool as can be in a peaceful world.rnrnrnrnrn
markmine

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 04:47:45 pm »

The show Thursday night was awesome!  There was a great mix of new material and classic hits.  John looks and sounded great and the atmosphere on the stage was perfect.  I think it was refreshing to listen to his new material live and he also pounded out the hits.  How awesome is it to see John Mellencamp in a small venue?  I just couldn’t pass it up!     
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: