John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 01:39:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 2/3 Show in Lowell MA  (Read 24400 times)
suser1031
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2011, 12:12:46 pm »

Roll Eyes
wondering if John & the band will be able to make it up to Lowell Massachusetts for the February 3rd show.....we are supposed to get the "mother of all storms" on Wednesday February 2nd!  don't know where all the new snow is gonna go!!!!

stay safe,
sue in nh
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 12:54:21 pm »

I'm sure John and the band will make it in on their flight but the equipment is a different matter given that it's probably coming by truck.  Hopefully they left early.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all gets there safely and on time!!
marianne123
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 01:05:32 pm »

We New Englanders are hearty souls, much like folks from the Heartland!  Most recent forecast is for the storm to be over by Thursday morning.  Just got off the phone with Lowell Auditorium.  They said they never cancel, it will just be an issue of the trucks full of precious instruments and equipment.  (Would not want THAT insurance bill)  so for those of us driving from Maine, we'll just add some extra time onto the 4 hours. No doubt cranking up the JM all the way there.   As for the trucks, quick, someone tell them to leave NOW! Travel safe everyone. 

-Marianne
RSOX49FAN
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 04:19:56 pm »

I'm hoping the storm will not be an issue too. I, like many of you, have been waiting a LONG time for this and need something to forget about all this crappy weather. I bet John is already here in Massachusetts (probably Nantucket or the Cape) but if not, please get here safe and sound. We need you !   Smiley      PS) Safe travelling to everyone!
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 05:16:02 pm »

I'm hoping the storm will not be an issue too. I, like many of you, have been waiting a LONG time for this and need something to forget about all this crappy weather. I bet John is already here in Massachusetts (probably Nantucket or the Cape) but if not, please get here safe and sound. We need you !   Smiley      PS) Safe travelling to everyone!

I don't know what John's travel plans are but from things I saw from people it looks like the crew moved their schedules up to try to be ahead of the weather.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 08:25:41 am »

Tony, that is some feat considering the hammering the Northeast has
gotten.   Looking forward to Radio City on the 18th.  Febuary is here and the countdown is on.  I am attending the show with my daughter,
it is her first show.   Making it a day in the big town!
davidk55
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 08:04:02 pm »

Most of Mass. got about 8 inches today & more will start overnight  Shocked
kdevonis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 09:04:50 pm »

We New Englanders are hearty souls, much like folks from the Heartland!  Most recent forecast is for the storm to be over by Thursday morning.  Just got off the phone with Lowell Auditorium.  They said they never cancel, it will just be an issue of the trucks full of precious instruments and equipment.  (Would not want THAT insurance bill)  so for those of us driving from Maine, we'll just add some extra time onto the 4 hours. No doubt cranking up the JM all the way there.   As for the trucks, quick, someone tell them to leave NOW! Travel safe everyone. 
I am going crazy...I also NEED this show! Now as far as "they never cancel" not true. I had tickets two years ago for the Providence, RI show and we got pounded with a snow storm and they canceled. So this is why I am going crazy! Shocked Drive safe everyone!
davidk55
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 10:46:06 pm »

I am going crazy...I also NEED this show! Now as far as "they never cancel" not true. I had tickets two years ago for the Providence, RI show and we got pounded with a snow storm and they canceled. So this is why I am going crazy! Shocked Drive safe everyone!

I think what they Meant is the Lowell auditorium has never cancelled a show due to weather themselves , they keep the venue open as long as the Artist makes it .
kdevonis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 04:30:35 pm »

I think what they Meant is the Lowell auditorium has never cancelled a show due to weather themselves , they keep the venue open as long as the Artist makes it .
Gotcha
marianne123
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 04:53:54 pm »

Hey KC, I just got a "welcome to Lowell Auditorium" email, with parking info etc. specifically mentioned moving snow around, so I know it was written today!  I think you can breathe a sign of relief and look forward to an amazing night.  I know I cannot wait..... !

-Marianne
kdevonis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 08:33:51 pm »

Hey KC, I just got a "welcome to Lowell Auditorium" email, with parking info etc. specifically mentioned moving snow around, so I know it was written today!  I think you can breathe a sign of relief and look forward to an amazing night.  I know I cannot wait..... !
OMG I know I did too!!! Grin I have been waiting for this night. One more thing to check off my life list. This will be my first time seeing him, 3 years go I headed out to see him and a snow storm hit closing everything and after driving a three hour stretch that usualy take 45mins. they canceled about 2 hours before the show! Thought I was going to repeat!!!
Drive safe and see you there..kinda.
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 09:51:33 pm »

have fun everyone!! 

let us know how the show was.  post the setlist if ya can!  thanks Smiley
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 12:06:15 am »

oh......and get some pics!
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 09:02:59 am »

Chomping at the bit here in NY for Radio City, please post tonight!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: