John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 03:09:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mr Sunshine - JCM reference  (Read 6956 times)
oberturn
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2011, 11:30:12 am »

There is a new show called Mr Sunshine that will be airing in Feb.  They were advertising it last night.  The show stars Mathew Perry.  In the ad, one of his co stars told Mathew that John Cougar Mellencamp was going to be playing in concert and she wanted to know if he could arrange a meeting so she could sleep with him.  lol...  I didn't see it but a girl I work with told me about it this morning.  Here is some info from the episode and pilot show.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/08/01/matthew-perry-wears-many-hats-in-mr-sunshine-tca-report/
So in the pilot, we have ice that won't melt, a runaway elephant, and Crystal, the pill-addled owner of the arena, requesting a conjugal visit with John Cougar Mellencamp. Perry consulted with the manager of L.A.'s Staples Center, and promises that there will be plenty of similar stories coming down the pipe.

There is a time to cry and a time to get with it.
marianne123
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 12:26:42 am »

I caught that promo last night.  Made me smile. The spot your referring to was played by Allison Janney.  She had the role of the press secretary on "The West Wing"  which ran on NBC from 1999 to 2006. The clip showed her looking up from her desk over her glasses and deadpanning " I see on the schedule that John Cougar Mellencamp is playing here Wednesday night and I'd very much like to make love to him".  That was pretty much it, but what could you add to that anyway? !
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 12:39:09 am by marianne123 » Logged

-Marianne
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: