John Mellencamp Community
April 27, 2024, 05:40:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: National Enquirer, Jan. 17, 2011  (Read 4184 times)
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2011, 12:03:53 pm »

Disclaimer: I would advise anyone who reads this to not believe more than three percent of it, but I figured I would share for those who want a good laugh or who enjoy tabloid journalism.

From the January 17, 2011 edition of the National Enquirer:

John Mellencamp Photo With Meg Ryan Was Last Straw
Singer’s wife put up with his wandering eye for years – pals say

John Mellencamp’s 18-year marriage blew up over his relationship with Meg Ryan – but those close to the superstar rocker say his wife has been upset for years over his wandering eye.

Sources close to his family tell the ENQUIRER that the singer’s supermodel wife Elaine, 41, moved out of their Indiana home after John, 59, and Meg, 49, were photographed walking arm-in-arm in New York.

“Elaine has gone through hell,” said a close source. “I’m sure John has had intimate relationships with other women, but I think she turned a blind eye until it was publicly revealed that he’d become close to Meg.”

Mellencamp – popular as “John Cougar” in the ‘70s and ‘80s with hits such as “Jack & Diane,” “Pink Houses” and “Hurts So Good” – also has a nasty temper, said the source.

“John has had screaming matches with Elaine and their staff for years. He’s been known to hurl plates of food at the TV if he didn’t like what was being said,” the close source divulged.

WHEN THE ENQUIRER CONTACTED Mellencamp to ask for his side of the story regarding the split, he raged: “What the (bleep) is this! What are you doing calling my cell phone, man? You want me to whip your ass? I’ll come down there and whip your (bleeping) ass. Call my (bleeping) publicist.”

When we contacted Elaine, she said: “I can’t imagine discussing personal matters like these with a complete stranger.”

In a public statement announcing their split, the couple pledged to raise their sons – Hud, 16, and Speck Wildhorse, 15 – together. The source said the couple would file for divorce soon. 

Mellencamp’s spokesperson told the ENQUIRER that the split is amicable and that his friendship with Meg Ryan began months after he and Elaine decided to go their separate ways.

However, the insider revealed: “Elaine has simply had enough. When it looked as if John started flaunting his relationship with Meg, she walked out.”

Meg – whose marriage to actor Dennis Quaid ended after her affair with “Gladiator” hunk Russell Crowe – is working with Mellencamp on the musical “Ghost Brothers of Darkland County.” She’s also been spotted backstage on his current tour.

“It’s going to be a massively expensive divorce,” the insider said. “Elaine is going to take him to the cleaners, but, in my opinion, he deserves it.”

by John Blosser
[email protected]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: