John Mellencamp Community
April 18, 2024, 07:00:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John's New Tattoo  (Read 30544 times)
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2011, 03:44:44 pm »

If you go to OMG website and search John you'll pull up pictures of Meg and him at an art museum.....check out the new tattoo......

I wonder what that's all about...I swear he did not have that when I saw him in Nov.

This is depressing....but again...these people are famous...you can't expect their lives to be normal.

I wonder what Elaine is up to....

"-somedays I still don't know what to do-"
Mary in Michigan
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 04:14:45 pm »

LIFE IS SHORT
EVEN IN ITS
LONGEST DAYS
AD 1905-2003

memorial tattoo for his Grandma Laura apparently
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:53:59 pm by mellenheadinohio » Logged
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 04:18:16 pm »

So when did he get this??!!!  Seriously - I think I would have noticed it in Nov.

Why does he keep doing things and not telling us?     Wink

Mary in Michigan

littlesusie39
Global Moderator
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 04:28:24 pm »

So when did he get this??!!!  Seriously - I think I would have noticed it in Nov.

Mary in Michigan

Oh Mary, that had me" laughing out loud" for sure!

Freedom’s Road:  If you want to take a ride
Well you’ve got to pay the toll

walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 04:46:34 pm »

I think it's 1903-2003 (remember, he always says she lived to be 100). He said in an interview with Howard Stern in 1996 that he hated all the tattoos he had and that he wished he never gotten them. Stern was thinking of getting one and John strongly advised him against it. So of course, John goes out and gets another tattoo sometime in the last few weeks. Not sure what's happening to John all of a sudden. Things got real weird seemingly overnight. 
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 04:54:59 pm »

I think it's 1903-2003 (remember, he always says she lived to be 100).  

yeah,  but we all know how he is with dates, years, ages, etc., lol. 

i still say its about Grandma Laura based on the story he tells in concert before performing Longest Days
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 05:04:00 pm »

I think it's 1903-2003 (remember, he always says she lived to be 100). He said in an interview with Howard Stern in 1996 that he hated all the tattoos he had and that he wished he never gotten them. Stern was thinking of getting one and John strongly advised him against it. So of course, John goes out and gets another tattoo sometime in the last few weeks. Not sure what's happening to John all of a sudden. Things got real weird seemingly overnight. 

Haha no kidding, talk about taking a 180 geeez.  Remember though he does describe himself as a walking contradiction, haha

mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 09:14:25 am »

Maybe he just decided "Life is short, even in it's longest days" Cool

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 09:52:04 am »

So I have to agree with alot of these previous statements....walking contradiction, 180... guess we'll never figure this guy out.  But it's a bit frustrating because we've "grown up" with this marriage and it's painful to have it appear out of no where.  Sigh...I think that's what many of us are feeling...

maybe this is a new topic...

Mary in Michigan
tattudemellenhead
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 05:41:23 pm »

Hmmmm, very interesting. I love the new ink, but I like tattoos.  LOL   But when I seen him in KC and had him give me a bit of work on my arm, about the same spot as his new tat, I just wonder if he already had that. I mean, I don't recall it in KC or St Louis, but I guess I could have been a bit preoccupied.  LOL   Smiley     And both times that I have gotten his sharpie work on my body, he knew I was getting it tattooed and never discouraged me from doing so. But I do remember him saying he never liked the tattoos he already had, so maybe now that he is older, he felt like getting something that he not only wanted, but something of significance. Maybe we will get lucky and he will touch on this subject in his A&E thing.
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 07:14:59 pm »

Maybe he just decided "Life is short, even in it's longest days" Cool

Well said, Ruth.
jtuttle
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 01:38:37 pm »

Mary in Michigan

Oh Mary, that had me" laughing out loud" for sure!
Made me laugh,too. AND if he did ask us he'd still be happily married to his present wife.  LOL!

Jane
houseofmellencamp
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 07:23:57 pm »

The wonderful, loving Grandma Laura came into this world Nov. 25, 1905 and the Lord took her home on Feb. 3, 2003. What a privilege to have known such a special lady.
oberturn
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 09:45:17 pm »

I am very sure (99% at least) that he didn't have this tattoo when he was in Minneapolis at the end of November.  I think I would of noticed since I noticed the wedding ring was no longer there. 

The person that posted prior to me must of known Grandma Laura.  It would of been an honor to meet her.  I tried to win her scrapbook of JM when she donated it to charity and spent a lot of money on raffle tickets but I didn't get it.  I remember she was 97 when she passed away even though JM always said she lived to 100.  97 is close enough!  He also says Mike has been in the band for longer than he has been and said the same thing about Pat.  20 years of marriage when they were actually married in 92.  Just a number and doesn't really matter.  The tattoo is an amazing tribute to an amazing woman!  God bless her and thanks to her for making such an impact in John's life and the music that we all enjoy. 

There is a time to cry and a time to get with it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: