John Mellencamp Community
April 24, 2024, 07:50:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: An Example of Tabloid Trash  (Read 24859 times)
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2011, 10:15:41 am »

Here is a shining example of why tabloid journalism is so appalling. This is from one of the England rags, the Daily Mail, and if you look real close, you can see a lot of PhotoShopping going on with John's picture, to say nothing of the fact that he and Meg Ryan clearly aren't even together at the same time in these photos. Sadly, many people won't see through this and will think its all true.

Has newly-single John Mellencamp found love with Meg Ryan?

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 2:23 PM on 4th January 2011

Singer John Mellencamp only announced his split from wife Elaine just five days ago, but it looks like he may have already moved on.

The veteran rocker, 59, is fuelling speculation he is dating Hollywood actress Meg Ryan, 49, after the pair were photographed in New York together yesterday.

The couple were first seen walking hand-in-hand in Manhattan last October and Ryan had been spotted backstage at several of his recent concerts.

Dressed casually, the pair were seen buying groceries from a branch of Gourmet Garage before heading home yesterday.

Their appearance together comes just a few days after Mellencamp announced he was splitting from former model Elaine after 20 years of marriage.

On New Year's Eve, his publicist said: 'John and Elaine Mellencamp are proud of their 20 years together and are very happy with their accomplishments both as parents and as a family.

'They will continue to raise their two children in Indiana but have decided to call it a day as a couple.'

One report has claimed Ryan is voicing a character in a new musical adaptation of Stephen King story Ghost Brothers, which Mellencamp has written all the song for.

Former America's Sweetheart Ryan has been largely single since splitting from ex-boyfriend, Proof Of Life co-star Russell Crowe after a brief romance in 2000.

Their relationship started at the end of her marriage to Dennis Quaid, father of her 18-year-old son Jack.

Ryan and Quaid announced they had split in June 2000 following weeks of rumours surrounding her relationship with Crowe.

In an interview three years ago, Ryan alleged Quaid had also cheated on her during their 10 year marriage.

She told InStyle magazine: 'Dennis was not faithful to me for a long time, and that was very painful. I am not a victim. I was there. I was in that marriage for a really long time.'

Describing her brief romance with Crowe, she insisted: 'Russell didn't break up the marriage. I was a mess. I hurt him too at the end. I couldn't be in another long relationship. It wasn't the time for that. So I got out.'

Ryan has since adopted a daughter Daisy from China in 2006.

Mellencamp gained fame in the late 1970s and early 1980s under the stage name John Cougar.

His early rock hits include Hurts So Good and Jack and Diane and as his notoriety grew, he dropped the name Cougar and began performing as John Mellencamp.

While he has never regained the superstar status he enjoyed during the '80s, Mellencamp has kept a solid fan base and continued to put out albums and tour around the world.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1343940/Has-Meg-Ryan-love-newly-single-John-Mellencamp.html#ixzz1A52zIZ8c

New romance: Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp head home after buying groceries at a Manhattan branch of Gourmet Garage.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 10:26:58 am by walktall2010 » Logged
tattudemellenhead
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 11:11:10 am »

WTH?Huh??    Angry     That is just ridiculous!!  I know I can see right throught it, I hope the rest of the mellenheads can too!!   Rggggghhhhh
Thanks for the heads-up of more media talking smack!!!!
Rhonda2
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 11:28:19 am »

Gossipmedia seems unable to report on things in a normal way. In the case of the above photos, I checked the photo agency: those were taken yesterday in NYC, where Meg Ryan lives with her kids. She visited a food store and was pictured leaving it, getting into a car. Alone.  A few 'moments' - minutes, hours, who knows - John was also pictured leaving that same store. Alone.

I don't know if they have a thing going on or not. There is no evidence for it OR against it - yet. They could be just friends, they could be more.

But it's a shame to see the gossipmedia just making up stories as they go to provide us with fake-evidence. That must be hurtful to John, Elaine, Meg Ryan and their families.
furayk
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 02:18:02 pm »

TMZ now has a video of this...

http://www.tmz.com/2011/01/04/meg-ryan-john-cougar-mellencamp-dating-relationship-split-divorce-wife-video-shopping-groceries-new-york/
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 02:23:22 pm »

OK, I stand corrected. After watching that video, it looks like they may be together. This is unbelievable.
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 02:55:14 pm »

Walktall I hear ya this is unbelievable.  I hate the tabloids but damn they sure seem to get a lot of things right these days, its not like it used to be were it was all false.  I have heard numerous reports that the martha vineyard sighting is true also. Im going to try and make light of this now that it has been a few days. I think this could all be great news for John's music, all publicity seems to be good publicity these days, maybe more people will check out the new album.  Maybe being with Meg will fuel him to keep making new music.  Maybe this Stephen King play will be really cool.  Maybe hes happy now.  I just dont know what to make of it right now, but I do know I feel bad for Elaine and the kids.

PS. doesnt it just seem wrong that Mellencamp a self proclaimed small town boy that no longer wants to be a rock star is acting completely the opposite right now.  I mean seems to be like a rock star status secret relationship with Meg Ryan all while spending time in the New York City and Marthas Vineyard (gross).
MNorris149
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 03:07:59 pm »

This is all odd to me! One thing that I keep thinking about is that the last time I heard John perform Small Town (right now I can't remember when it was, but it was recent) I noticed he had gone back to singing "married an LA doll and brought her to this small town". Ever since then I had been wondering what was going on with him and I even got on the computer and googled them to make sure I hadn't missed something. I hate this for everyone involved, especially the boys.
It is a shame that now you can search John on the internet and gets lots and lots of news. I looked early this morning after a coworker told me about the Meg Ryan thing(I have slow stupid dial up at home and sometimes don't bother getting on!). Since this morning there's tons of articles. Things are so backwards these days. His music should be making news, instead we get to hear about these things. Oh well, maybe something good will come of it.
Adam1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 04:23:31 pm »

I believe they are just friends. They were probably just in New York working on the "Ghost Brothers" musical together.
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 04:44:33 pm »

It seems pretty official now a source close to Meg Ryan says they have been dating for several weeks now and John and Elaine have been separated for awhile.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/01/04/meg.ryan.john.mellencamp.ppl/?hpt=Sbin
Adam1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 05:34:12 pm »

It seems pretty official now a source close to Meg Ryan says they have been dating for several weeks now and John and Elaine have been separated for awhile.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/01/04/meg.ryan.john.mellencamp.ppl/?hpt=Sbin

I worked as a reporter for a few years and, as a rule, I don't trust unnamed sources.
taz7676
Christine
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 06:09:21 pm »

Who cares?Just keep makin' music and touring!

Christine B.
Little pink houses for you and me...
oberturn
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 06:12:33 pm »

People magazine is reporting this as well.  Not sure how trusted they are these days.

There is a time to cry and a time to get with it.
oberturn
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 06:13:48 pm »

I agree with Christine.  It is really his business, I just want to keep hearing more tunes.

There is a time to cry and a time to get with it.
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 07:59:23 pm »

Sales for No Better Than This are up on Amazon! Only $5 right now, buy a copy for a friend
mtotch123
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 09:30:38 am »

We are never going to figure this guy out....he's basically said that all along....HE can't even figure himself out.  Lucky for us that inner dilemma creates some fantastic music.  Unlucky for family members.

While I was very sad when I first heard the news I'm starting to accept that this is just the way it is with artists.  Their minds are a whole different ball of wax. 

"-somedays I still don't know what to do-"

Mary in Michigan
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: