John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 06:56:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is it true
when ? - 3 (25%)
why ? - 9 (75%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: John & Elaine SPLIT  (Read 25448 times)
kit
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 03:28:19 pm »

This is very sad news i just hope everyone minds their own business . Unfortunately many people will try to start rumors that is just tasteless . Let them figure it out in peace.
sarahsullivan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 11:04:23 am »

Regarding John referring to Elaine as his wife during the Sessions interview; in my opinion, John still very much loves Elaine and vice versa.  Truthfully, I think Elaine initiated the seperation/divorce and John is honoring her wishes.  I admire John as a singer/songwriter and agree that he's hot. But imagine being married to him for 18+ years.  He's on the road a lot. He can be cantankerous albeit loving, I'm sure.  She's much younger, was really young when they got together. Perhaps they've grown apart as lovers but not as friends.  Divorce doesn't have to be hateful.  In the local news they stated the "John filed [divorce] against his wife."  This statement makes it sound like John 'is the bad guy' but I could totally see John being the one to officially file because he doesn't give a rip what people will say; perhaps he wanted Elaine to be able to bow out gracefully, as a true gentleman would. Also interesting to note, during the news clip of them filing at the court house, they were holding hands Smiley
I just think they're mature enough to realize when a relationship has run it's course. The end.

Your Life is Now ~JM
houseofmellencamp
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 05:13:44 pm »

As a longtime fan of John's, I am and always have been ready and willing to defend him whenever I thought someone was unjustly putting down my hero. In this case, I still don't know what to think or how to feel without knowing all the facts. But, it is not fair to speculate against Elaine either and say "Elaine initiated the separation/divorce and John is honoring her wishes". If one party in a marriage breaks a wedding vow, it may leave the innocent party no choice but to end things even though it is something they never wanted to do. Is John the "bad guy" because he filed against Elaine? Who files does not mean anything either. Maybe an innocent party feels it is not up to them to be the one filing for a divorce they did not want to happen in their marriage to begin with. Until I see facts proving otherwise, there is no need for John or Elaine to hang their head down, nor should Elaine have to even try to "bow out gracefully". She has always been first class. As far as the news video clip of them holding hands, it was an old clip, and was not a new one of them at the courthouse filing for divorce. No, "divorce does not have to be hateful". Really, divorce should not occur at all in a marriage. 18 years of marriage is not just a "relationship". This is a very sad ending to what was a beautiful thing. Bottom line is "a relationship can run it's course and end". Marriage should end at death. I only wish the best to John and Elaine, and my thoughts continue with Hud and Speck.
sarahsullivan
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 07:50:52 am »

HOM~
Respectfully, I think you missed the point of my post. I'm certainly not trying to shed a dim light on Elaine. I agree, she's first class.  Try re-reading my post with a more positive outlook.  It's not meant to put down either of them.  And quite frankly none of this is our business anyway.  And we don't know what goes on behind the closed doors of any marriage so to put guilt on people for choosing to end their marriage is wrong. Whether marriage ends at death or not is not for us to judge. Peace.

Your Life is Now ~JM
houseofmellencamp
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 11:14:35 pm »

S. S.- I was not looking for attitude but feel I am getting some. This is a place for Mellencamp fans to come and enjoy! Perhaps your post #16 was "intended" to be more positive. In no way does my post put blame or guilt. I quote it in saying, "I don't know what to think or how to feel without knowing all the facts". It also stated, "There is no need for John or Elaine to hang their head down". My statement that, "Marriage should end at death", was ONLY in reference to what I think is a very common part to a lot of wedding vows - "Till death do us part". But I know we do not live in a perfect world, and I am NOT judging! No, John and Elaine's marriage is not our business. But if you check the order of these posts, mine was in response to, and followed after, yours with "opinions" and false information such as John & Elaine holding hands at the courthouse after filing. Again, I quote my last post in saying, "I only wish the best to John and Elaine"! Lets move on as Mellencamp fans.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: