John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 12:40:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pencil Protrait of John Charity Fundraiser  (Read 9569 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: December 04, 2010, 01:31:24 pm »

Hey all,

I wanted to pass on a message from long time Mellencamp fan/fan club member Ron Kelly. Ron has a charity project he has worked on for the last decade and wanted to remind folks of the offer:

From Ron Kelly

I thought now might be a good time to post this message as we near the Christmas season so all Mellencamp fans could put this gift idea on their want list. I am selling an 11x17" limited edition print duplicated from a very detailed pencil portrait of John Mellencamp that I drew myself.

Prints are individually numbered and limited to only 200 copies. I asked and got John's permission for this project of charity, at which time I gave him the #1 print- (see John with drawing in photo).

The original drawing was done from a photo I took of John at a fan club convention held at Seymour, Indiana in 1998.

100% of profit made from the sale of these prints will be donated to a Seymour, In. elementary school for students to use toward art classes at the Southern Indiana Center for Art. This art center, also located in Seymour, was made possible by John Mellencamp.

I have already made two donations with profit raised from the prints sold so far- (see newspaper clipping in photo). $1,000.00 and a framed #200 print was given to the Southern Indiana Center for Art. Another $500.00 was donated to the city of Seymour to help pay for a large sign located at the city limits announcing it as the "Hometown of John Mellencamp".

The drawing shown in this photo is an actual print like you will receive. The cost of each print is $15.00, which includes the tube and shipping cost.

There are currently only 22 left and then they will be gone forever. If you don't make it in time for Christmas, I will continue to sell these until gone. This is a great way to display our favorite singer/songwriter in your home, and at the same time to help raise some money for some kids to find out how enjoyable art can be.

Thank you very much for your support.

Please send your $15.00 check or money order to Ron Kelly- 1490 E. 600 N. Alexandria, Indiana 46001

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
csandefur
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 08:54:24 pm »

You won't want to miss this one! I just received my print and wow, what a prize. This is a great addition for any Mellencamp fan and would make a great gift, Christmas, Birthday or otherwise. This is also for a wondeful cause. I donated a little extra because this is another fine example of the dedication and generosity of the Mellencamp fans and folks that are on this list. If you buy one and give a little extra, your extra contribution goes to helping kids with art and maybe reveal the artist within. Better get on it, sounds like there is not too many left.  Thank you Ron!
Thank you for reaching out and giving of yourself to help the community while giving something to the fans. Happy Holidays!

I was born in a small town.....Shelbyville, IN.
houseofmellencamp
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 12:11:52 am »

Just wanted to put on an update to the portrait of John info. I have only received a few orders and have several left to sell. I will make a post here periodically to let fans know how many are left. If by chance I get a payment from someone after the last print is sold, then I will return it to you. As we are in the Christmas season, I know money is tight for everyone. So if you can't get a print right now, it would still make a great birthday or anniversary gift later. But the sooner these are sold, the sooner I can make the donation. I would like to urge any Mellencamp fan who does not have one of these yet to please write that check and support this project. Thank you, and Happy Holidays to everyone! - Ron Kelly
houseofmellencamp
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 11:48:13 am »

Just wanted to give a quick update on the pencil portrait of John. I have sold a few (Thank you to those fans for supporting this charity!) but still have some more available. If you are one of the lucky ones with some extra cash from a tax refund this time of year, maybe now is a good time to get one for yourself or another Mellencamp fan you know. If there are some fans from Canada who are interested, I will ship to you also if you don't mind adding an extra  dollar or two for shipping.  Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: