John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:59:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why has john never released a live album?  (Read 10905 times)
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2010, 01:04:55 pm »

With the exception of Life, Death "Live" and Freedom, John has never released an official live album or DVD.  At least nothing I can find in a retail store.  Why is that?

Mike
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 01:06:46 pm by Smalltownboy » Logged
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 03:40:45 pm »

It's a good question and one that came up on a past posting on this site.  I don't have an answer but I think the current tour would warrant it.  There is such a diverse body of work performed and presented in new interesting ways.  Would be great to have it for posterity and would also seem to be another logical step in the evolution of John's music experimentation.
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 02:38:43 am »

I am hoping a praying this tour will result in a live album!!!
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 12:14:10 pm »

I hope a Live DVD comes out of this tour.  I have a collection of many artists that have done this, and I cherish each and everyone of them. John has mentioned in the past that he feels he could never capture his true performance on tape, but he is wrong, because He can!  If he only knew how many of us would be so happy if he would release a live performance on DVD and album.  Hopefully he is listening.....Somewhere, somehow.  I was at one of the Minneapolis shows and now I bought Premium Tickets this week for the Ames Iowa show, because we just need to see this whole performance once again.  It tells the story of John Mellencamp, this tour is the story of him.  We both agreed that this is the best tour of his career.  He is having the time of his life and it shows.
John lets see your smile and the perfectionist professionalism of you and that of your kickbutt band. We need you to record one live show before April 29th........Please!?  You are the only singer/songwriter that I don't have in my collection and you are by far, my favorite.  It's not right.....

I don't know if he ever reads any of this community board, But, I am sure that word can get back to him if we all beg enough.
Bradleycsocal
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 09:22:28 am »

I kind of like the idea that he hasn't released the obligatory live album. I guess as with most things involving JM we will get it when we get it. However I would bet money there will be a Mellencamp twist on it........
akajanie
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 06:37:08 pm »

A Live DVD would be phenomenal !!! Grin
davidk55
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 04:10:34 pm »

I live Blu-ray concert would just be amazing !!

Maybe the current tour & they could alos put the Documentary as a bonus .
kyralexis
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 10:50:57 pm »

I live Blu-ray concert would just be amazing !!

Maybe the current tour & they could alos put the Documentary as a bonus .

Blue Ray AND DVD!!  And this tour would be PREFECT for a live album!  I've actually had several dreams about it, driving down the road listening to it or doing laundry with it on my iPod!  Perfection!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: