John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 03:36:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Grammy's are a joke  (Read 10925 times)
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2010, 10:05:53 am »

Well, the Grammy nominations are out and John got absolutely none for "No Better Than This." He also got none for "Life, Death, Love and Freedom" two years ago. What exactly does he have to do to even get nominated for a Grammy, let alone win one? The entire process is a farce. 
tattudemellenhead
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 11:05:39 am »

I agree, but as usual, John and his rockin' band don't get the credit or recognition they deserve. Well, in this case anyways.  LOL   I know he has gotten a lot of great reviews and kind words for this album, but still. My opinion are the grammys don't know good when they see it.  Smiley
fasttarga
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 11:09:00 am »

Couldn't agree with you more. I remarked a few years ago that if Bruce had released LDL & f he would've been showered with Grammy nominations. Bruce is great by the way, but it's these other artists that I'm perplexed by.

Who won the Grammy the year Pink Houses was eligible?

Pete
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 03:55:44 pm »

who cares about the grammy awards? nothing to do with music, so itīs just not worth thinking about who gets nominated and who not.
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 06:31:08 pm »

I agree, you will too, if you look at "some" who were nominated.  John is right - He always says...."It's not Cool to like John Mellencamp" and "The record Companies are all about the almighty dollar" He earned nominations on his latest 2 albums but the industry ignored him once again even with Tbone Burnett in the picture.  I haven't watched the Grammys for years.  I have a feeling even though Tom Petty and Neil Young were nominated they will not get awarded the Grammys.  It's too bad really, it caters to the popular vote. What most kids are listening to these days is noise that I can't quite comprehend.  It's not Music.  It's all fabricated and over produced.  It is a very sad thing that our children's kids have only this to refer to as Music where we were lucky enough to grow up with the true singer/songwriter artists.  I was quite bummed about it all this morning because I wanted him to at least get a nod of some sort.  But as the hours of the day passed I realized I was hoping for a long shot because I just had a feeling way before they were announced that he was not going to get recognized, again.............so why get my hopes up that he might have?  It still is not right.
But the Grammy's lost it's true luster long ago.
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 09:29:01 pm »

I too was bummed out this morning, what a farce the Grammys are, it's downright criminal the way these clowns keep ignoring John's great work, instead of ''Save Some Time To Dream'' getting a nomination for record of the year we get ''Fuck You'', unbelievable.

And for ''No Better Than This'' to not even get a nod in the Americana category, after spending such a long time at the top of the Americana charts, and getting so much acclaim is insulting to John and his fans.

I hope one day when John gets the lifetime achievement award from these clowns he throws it right back in their faces and tells 'em where to stick it. Angry
robuster
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 01:21:49 am »

Yes, to me the grammy awards are a huge joke! To overlook JM last year for LDL&F and this year for NBTT is totally ridiculous! The 2 albums contain some of the best music ever! Keep climbing that hill JM!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: