John Mellencamp Community
March 19, 2024, 12:51:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kathie Rocks in the USA in South Bend!  (Read 8026 times)
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2010, 10:44:10 am »

The John Mellencamp concert in South Bend, IN on Nov. 13 was so awesome.

John played some songs new songs off his “No Better Than This” album, his “Life, Death, Love and Freedom” album and old and favorite songs. He talked about some of the songs.

I had front row, dead center. I danced the night away. Earlier in the show, John shook my hand. He was all smiles. People were saying that “they loved him”. John said that “he loved us”.

During the last song, R.O.C.K. in the USA, my dream came true. John picked me to dance on stage with him. He pulled me up, and I scrambled over a piece of equipment. I was so excited. It was too awesome. John hugged me a few times. He smiled and looked into my eyes the entire time that we were dancing. I’m sure I was smiling. I kissed John on the cheek. Later he put his arm around me and walked me to the front of the stage. He held up his arm and held up my arm. Then I was helped off the stage by a friend and a tall man in the second row. I was so excited and felt so honored to be picked to dance with John! I’ve been a big fan since high school—a long time ago. I’ve been to more concerts that I can remember—over 17.

I can’t wait to see the pictures that my friends took.

Kathie

tattudemellenhead
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 05:15:30 pm »

Whoo Hooo!!  That is awesome! I love the excitement on your face in the pictures, can totally see 'a dream come true'.  So happy for you!!  Smiley
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 08:53:02 am »

The pictures are fantastic, so glad someone was able to capture the moment for you and that you could share it with us.  Brought a big grin to my face this morning!!
kyralexis
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 08:07:32 pm »

What an awesome story, Kathie!  And the pictures really say it all!  The smile on your face is worth a thousand words and is absolutely contagious!  I'm so happy for you to have had that experience!  Congratulations!!!
 Grin
Kyra
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: