John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 01:42:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazing Concert Tonight  (Read 5033 times)
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2010, 02:35:32 am »

Attended the show tonight in Chicago it was great!! Ill most more details tomorrow
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 01:13:18 am »

Amazing show, I loved it.  Used to live near Chicago and flew out from Tucson to see him... and the the family of course, lol.  The crowd for the most part was energetic and dancing most of the time.  Sadly there were a few groups of people that were extremely rude from the top balcony yelling for him to play old stuff (while he was playing a slow song), I was able to hear them all the way down at the bottom and had a hard time hearing John.  Just ridiculous John has said this concert was going to be different maybe about a 1000 times.  For me this concert was great and I am a younger Mellencamp fan (24) and I listen to all sorts of old and new music and I think his direction that he has taken is fantastic.  The first time I saw him in 2005 for the words and music tour he was fantastic as well and obviously was playing all of his older stuff but this time around he seems to be more content, relaxed, and happy.  It comes across when hes singing and it makes the performance great to watch.  I agree with duey23 100% the way he has reworked the songs jack and diane and pink houses is great and Id buy those cuts live in a heartbeat, hope your listening John.  First time Ive heard Real Life live and loved it along with If I Die Sudden.  Both of those were a treat to see live.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: