John Mellencamp Community
March 19, 2024, 04:28:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The first time I saw John in concert  (Read 18412 times)
eberhac50
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2010, 09:03:26 pm »

The first time I saw John Mellencamp in concert was in Fort Wayne In when he did a benefit concert for the people who had sandbagged along the river during the flood in the early 80's and we only paid $1.00 to get in.  It was great! 
ac360
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 01:20:42 pm »

Farm Aid in 1990 in Indianapolis it was a great day but I couldn't wait for John to get on stage it seemed like forever till he hit the stage that night.
mksarts

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 12:31:43 am »

red rocks opening for heart on the american fool tour. we went to see john, but were pleasantly surprised by heart. fun telling the gal next to me at farm aid that i first saw john in 1980 (or thereabouts) well before she was a gleam in her daddy's eye
oberturn
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 11:12:22 pm »

St Paul MN Civic Center Scarecrow tour in 1984.  The Civic Center was torn down many years after that and was replaced by Xcel Energy Center.  I have seen many many shows since then.  I have lost count!  He was at the Northrup theatre at the U of M campus in 1997 and I had my 2nd child 9 hours after the show.  My daughter is almost 14 now and loves to sing and she is very good.  I think it had something to do with that night.  Everyone told me I wasn't going to have that baby until JM came to town and I had a chance to go to one of the 3 shows. 

I fell in love with John's music when I was in high school in 1979.  I fell more in love with his  music when I went to this show in 1984.  I will never forget that show!  His music changed the way I look at life and helped make me stronger during all the tough times.  I have been in the fan club for almost 20 years.  Thanks to John, Toni Selinsky, Tony Buechler and all of you that worked so hard to give John's fans the best concert tickets and backstage passes for so many years.  I miss the old fan club.       

There is a time to cry and a time to get with it.
jacksons

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 04:48:20 pm »

knoxville in the early eighties when i was in college
jjkellyga

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 03:08:35 pm »

1987, Savannah GA. It was my 14th birthday. I remember playing each of his albums (on cassette) - in order of release date - over and over, and as loud as I could get it. I knew every word to every song and I was infatuated...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: