John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 12:53:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tour Updates + How To Have A Chance At A Front Row Upgrade  (Read 11749 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: November 12, 2010, 04:10:14 pm »

Don't Miss Your Chance For a Front Row Upgrade by Redeeming Your No Better Than This MP3 Album Download
Each ticket purchased for John Mellencamp's February through April 2011 concerts in the U.S. includes an MP3 download of his new album No Better Than This AND a chance for an upgrade to the FRONT ROW!

Each download code redeemed will give you a chance to be selected for an upgrade to a pair of front row tickets! DOWNLOAD TODAY!

Click HERE for a tutorial to help guide you through the redemption and download process and explain more about how to be eligible for a FRONT ROW UPGRADE.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

No Better Than This Tour Update
John's recently launched No Better Than This Tour has been barnstorming across the Midwest and breaking new creative ground! The show finds John using numerous configurations ranging from solo acoustic to full-tilt rock during his 24 song/2+ hour performance.

Some of John's best known songs have been "re-imagined" this time around, definitely a stylistic departure of consummate brilliance. The show includes a significant number of songs from No Better Than This so this isn't just a "greatest hits" recital by any measure. The show begins with a small band setup including sounds that reach back to the beginning of the rock era. The middle portion of the show features various configurations of his band moving through acoustic, folk and Americana themed material. The last third of the show is fully electrified as his complete band closes out the show with a smoking rock set.

** For a peek at what John played on opening night visit the Mellencamp.com blog. Watch that same spot for fan reviews, photos and videos!

** The local newspaper reviews of the shows have been excellent, noting the show as a testament to John's artistry. Click HERE to browse through the reviews so far.

** Visit the Mellencamp.com News page to read or watch several recent interviews, including a TV interview with WTHR in Indianapolis from the Bloomington dress rehearsal

** Watch John's Facebook page for discussion threads for each show!

** Connect with your fellow fans attending your show of choice via the Show Discussion Boards in the Mellencamp.com Community: Meet up before the show, discuss what you hope John will play, and discuss your favorite moments of the show after. Don't forget to send your reviews, videos and photos to Mellencamp.com. Read below for more on how to share your media with the Mellencamp.com community.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The No Better Than This Tour - a Concert, a Movie, and a Painting Exhibit
An evening with John Mellencamp doesn't mean John is just simply playing without an opening act. As people enter the show and get to their seats a movie entitled It's About You will be playing. The film documents John's summer 2009 tour and the recording sessions for his new album. Additionally, a selection of his large format paintings are on display in the lobby! Make sure you look for them at your No Better Than This Tour stop! Click HERE to check out the trailer for It's About You.

New Tour Merchandise Available
A new tour means new John Mellencamp t-shirts and other No Better Than This tour related merchandise! Several of the new items are now available in the Mellencamp.com store with more items to be added over the next few months. Three of the new items are pictured at the bottom of this email, with more available online. Visit the STORE today!

Great Seats Available Via Premium Ticket Packages
All shows feature No Better Than This Tour Premium Ticket Packages. Each package includes a premium ticket in the first 10 rows along with an impressive set of exclusive and collectible Mellencamp items! Quantities are limited, so be sure to act quickly! Packages are on sale now, no password is required!

Select shows on the first leg still have Premium Ticket Packages available, however, they are rapidly running out and package sales will end a few weeks prior to each show.

No Better Than This Tour Premium Ticket Package Details
Package includes:
* One reserved ticket located in the first 10 rows of the stage
* Exclusive John Mellencamp Concert Shirt
* Collectible Tour Poster (limited, numbered)
* Limited edition vinyl copy of John Mellencamp's new album No Better Than This
* Commemorative Tour Laminate

>> LEARN MORE ABOUT PREMIUM TICKET PACKAGES <<

Report Your Retail Experience For a Chance to Get an Autographed Album!
Mellencamp.com is asking fans to file a report on the availability and price of John's new album No Better Than This at their local retail stores. We will randomly pick some of the people who turn in checks to receive an autographed copy of John's new album! Click HERE to learn more. It's simple, quick and easy to submit a report!

Send Us Your Concert Reviews, Photos, and Videos
Mellencamp.com is going to feature fan reviews, photos, and videos from John's Fall Tour!

Mellencamp.com wants YOUR concert reviews of John&#8217;s current tour. Chosen reviews will be published in the Mellencamp.com Community Blog. Excerpts from the best reviews will be posted in a new feature entitled: &#8220;What the Fans are Saying&#8221; on Mellencamp.com. Send your review(s)/blogs to [email protected] with the subject line of Fan Show Review. Another option is to video your show review and post it on YouTube and send us the link!

We are asking Mellencamp fans to upload videos taken at a Mellencamp show, with either their cell phones or cameras, to YouTube.com. Full songs, partial songs, footage of you in the crowd dancing... whatever Mellencamp footage you have, we want to see it! Be sure to include the tag JM2010 to make it easier to find and don't forget to email us with the link to your clips since best ones will be featured on Mellencamp.com!

In addition, we also want to see your JM concert pictures for another JM website feature. Send your pix of John, the band, the stage, the venue, the crowd - we want to see your coolest shots! Send us your pictures directly or post your pictures on a site like Flickr.com, Smugmug.com, Snapflish.com (again use the tag JM2010), and just send us the link (or pictures) (SendSpace, PhotoBucket, Picasa, etc.) via [email protected].

We are regularly asked about bringing cameras into the shows; typically, small non-professional cameras are allowed at Mellencamp shows, as long as they don't have a detachable lens. Flashes should NOT be used, as this can be very distracting to the band. Video cameras are NOT allowed. However, most personal digital cameras and cell phones ARE allowed and are capable of taking good video clips suitable for YouTube. For more details about cameras, and for Flickr/YouTube tips, click HERE.

Women's Long-Sleeve Little Pink Houses 2010-2011 Tour Shirt

This women's indigo long sleeve tee reads 'little pink houses' on front. 100% Cotton.
BUY IT NOW
No Better Than This Tour Tee - Fall 2010

This black men's tee reads 'John Mellencamp No Better Than This' on front. The back lists the 2010-2011 tour itinerary. 100% Cotton.
BUY IT NOW!
Guitar Wings No Better Than This 2010-2011 Tour Tee

This pigment black men's tee reads 'John Mellencamp 2010 2011 No Better Than This' on front. 100% Cotton.
BUY IT NOW!

As always, thank you for your continued support!!
TonyB -Webmaster, Mellencamp.com -
[email protected]
http://www.mellencamp.com

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 10:33:27 am »

I received my code for the free mp3, activated it, received a confirmation number, HOWEVER, that's as far as I get. A pop up box appears after activation but NBBTT does not download. I have talked to several others that have had same experience. Do we contact AEG about this issue?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 10:38:23 am by sugarmarie_1980 » Logged

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 11:04:28 am »

Okay, egg on my face. I found this posting with contact info for any issues regarding mp3 download http://www.mellencamp.com/forum/index.php?topic=599.msg2343#msg2343 but decided to check my confirmation before I emailed about the download issue. I clicked the link in my confirmation and VOILA! the pop up box opened with all 13 tracks available for download. I should have checked that prior to my initial post.  Embarrassed

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
nathan
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 01:57:39 pm »

That is GREAT!!

Nathan W. Marr
infamouscapgirl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 10:38:38 am »

Just wondering where this code comes from.  I bought 2 tickets during the presale at the Palace Theater, Waterbury CT.  When I contacted them, they checked my email address and said the code doesn't come from them. So where do I get it from?

Thank you.

Am looking forward to seeing this show.  Was always a fan, saw him in the 80s, but Life Death Love and Freedom really made me see him in a whole new light...
Jayadub

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 12:44:00 am »

I bought tickets to the Seattle show through Ticketmaster and the code came from Ticketmaster 2 days after I purchased the tickets.
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 08:15:46 am »

Just wondering where this code comes from.  I bought 2 tickets during the presale at the Palace Theater, Waterbury CT.  When I contacted them, they checked my email address and said the code doesn't come from them. So where do I get it from?

Thank you.

Am looking forward to seeing this show.  Was always a fan, saw him in the 80s, but Life Death Love and Freedom really made me see him in a whole new light...

The album download code is either sent by the venue or the promoter (AEG). Search your email for it, if you can't find it send me your order confirmation (showing your show, how many tickets you bought and your order number) and I will route it to the right person to get it resent. Send that to [email protected]

Thanks
Tony

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: