John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 04:01:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: JM at the Midland Setlist and comments  (Read 5191 times)
petenkaren
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2010, 10:14:11 am »

Setlist: Authority Song; No One Cares About Me; Deep Blue Heart; Death Letter; Walk Tall; The West End; Check It Out; Save Some Time To Dream (solo, acoustic); Cherry Bomb (a capella); Don’t Need This Body; Right Behind Me; Jackie Brown (solo, acoustic); Longest Days; Easter Eve; Jack and Diane; Small Town (solo, acoustic); New Hymn; Rain on the Scarecrow; Paper and Fire; The Real Life; Human Wheels; If I Die Sudden; No Better Than This; Pink Houses; R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.

My wife and I have been fans forever and truly appreciate the show John put on for us.  We dropped $92/ticket and that only put us in the 24th row.  When we sat down, I was not happy with myself for not spending the extra money to be up front where MELLENHEADS belong.

John finally played his newer material:  80's = 11 songs    90's = 1 song :<(   00's = 12 songs

Sadly, he cut out Troubled Land and Thinking About You from the opening show in Indiana.  We were cheated a bit there.  I do understand that radio here does not play his new music.  There is no Rockabilly format here.  That said, I purchase EVERYTHING JM as do a lot of the people that go to the shows.  I hope John knows how much his fans really love his music, despite radio stations lack of airplay.

Biggest shockers were DEATH LETTER and HUMAN WHEELS to me.  I did not know the setlist coming in and it sure makes it more fun.  My wife and I danced more than anoyone around us.  We sang ALL THE LYRICS to all of those NEWER songs and people looked at us like "How in the hell do you know these songs"?  We loved it.  2 hours and 15 minutes, so no strong complaints.  SURE DO LOVE THE 90's MUSIC THOUGH! KEY WEST? WILD NIGHT? NOW MORE THAN EVER?  ETC... :<(

« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:16:53 am by petenkaren » Logged

It sure would feel good to feel good again, Oh My Sweet Love...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: