John Mellencamp Community
April 15, 2021, 02:50:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Exit Light for Racketeer (Lonely Light House, Play 4 Me)  (Read 256 times)
racketeer
Waiting for Godot
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2021, 01:24:24 pm »

I have decided that words are a dime a dozen and it is time to just be the fan I am!
I sometimes take a break from all the details of such and relax...as a fan I come and go and that is what Ill always hope. But now it appears that my artwork has blundered as a picture I made was forbidden with red and black shows eerily...so as suspicion I have, I have decided to bar myself, as it is time to leave now...no more silk on this poor sow's ear...
Ill see you at the blackbird farmer's market with all the best!
So so blab much the bitter...and  my favorite theme:
"when you wish upon a star,
 makes no difference who you are,
 anything your heart desires will come to you..."
or "Tom Roxx is a cat I know,
      I take him out for lunch because my mother says so..."
finally, I have to look at a quote from "struggleville", john melloncamp's latest out on you tube...
"sneering in your garden..." (after dinner)...at
the apple brown betty and the whipped cream (for dessert)....the peonies and the lilacs in a vase on the table, the dahlias on the windowsill,and the stroke of one of the most brilliant people I know, the planting of the bulbs in your garden that come up in the spring...
the crocus.
But before I go!!! I remember when johncougarmellon put "Human Wheels" out in 1992-93, and I wrote a matching number, based actually on a song janis joplin wrote called "Oh Lord...wontcha buy me..." And it isn't so so much a musical come-on as a number to quiet me down and help me sleep at night...if anyone remembers..."Oh Lord, wontcha buy me, a mercedez benz?"
Oh Lord, wontcha strike us a colorbook deal?
My friends have the dough and I want a good meal
The meat will be rare and the stringbeans are green
Oh Lord wontchaa strike up a colorbook deal?

Oh lord wontcha strike up a number or two?
My friends dance around me and I don't know what to do...
I just might be crazy when I say I'm a four,
Oh Lord, wontcha strike up the band on a tour j'ete??

Oh Lord, wontcha call me a jous jous...delink?
My friends say I've lost it, and they don't know what to think
Shut up in the morning and down in the hole,
Said Ill stop my talking if you set me a goal...
Oh Lord lol Huh Huh Huh

Now a new name for the coming generation has occurred to me in childbirth...
Colby Jacqueline

I have an idea coming through here, and I want to discuss it muchly...I have some thoughts about some time in the futuresque mode...I am getting on in my years and I do not want to finish off leading a walter mitty existence...walter mitty was a dreamer in literary hands who did not ever get to realize his fantasies, only wished for impossibilities, and at age 65 I want to put something out.
A "pas de deux" is in french, a dance for two...maybe a hot and bothered objective for a little "peace and quiet"...noone likes pesky stuff. So I'm pushing on and sure, I could do the "meet and greet" the melloncamp people do before their shows sometimes...no problem!
Okay? ALRIGHT!!!!!
take care, people..."lighten up", as sheryl crow sings.
later
racketeer

« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 06:00:44 am by racketeer » Logged

Waiting for Godot
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: