John Mellencamp Community
April 19, 2024, 01:32:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: No Better Than This Tour Kick Off Recap - Setlist - SPOILERS INCLUDED!!!  (Read 50257 times)
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 09:17:44 am »

the movie is scheduled to start at 6:45.  i'd say it was a few minutes after that tho.  not sure how other venues will do it, but in bloomington they held us in the lobby until the last minute and the movie had already started by the time we got through the line.  

after the film, they announced that there would be a 30 minute 'intermission'.  john took the stage promptly at 8:30 friday night, and maybe 8:35-8:40 on saturday night.

i would suggest being in your seat no later that 6:35-6:40 if possible.  i enjoyed the documentary.

i may not have the times down to the minute on the film but i think i have it close, however,  i did take note of the time the concert started.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 09:20:24 am by mellenheadinohio » Logged
turmbird
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 01:24:59 pm »

I donīt understand the critisism about his so-called new style. what is so new about him playing roots-orientated songs? influences of folk, country, blues can be found on any album. early rock albums like Uh-huh were heavily influenced by the Rolling Stones, who themselves were influenced by blues. he has always written honest, true felt songs, this never changed and probably will never change. the feeling and melodies in his songs cannot be changed, the "Mellencamp factor" is always there, may it be a country, blues or rock song.
i envy everybody who was there and wish he brings his NEW songs to europe as well!
kyralexis
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 07:30:18 pm »

"AMAZING" doesn't even sum up the show I saw in Bloomington Friday night!! My two fave LIVE songs were played ("Rain on the Scarecrow" & "If I Die Sudden") and I can now add "Right Behind Me" to that list. As long as I can hear one (or any) of those three songs at every concert I go to, I will be satisfied!  Needless to say, once I had heard those three songs last night, my night had been made....and then I was pulled up on stage by Mellencamp and my wildest dream had come true!! Can't be more thankful for the ULTIMATE concert experience Smiley

Here are links to my photo album and slideshow from the concert!

http://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/RO8hcnQA/1/4885974

http://albums.phanfare.com/slideshow.aspx?i=1&db=1&pw=RO8hcnQA&a_id=4885974

ENJOY Smiley

I watched as you danced on stage with John and it was so obvious you were having the time of your life!  What an incredible experience and how fantastic that you got to do that at the tour opener!  I'm happy for you!

Your pictures are great, too!  I really enjoyed looking at them!
Kyra
prefer2
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 08:55:54 am »

"AMAZING" doesn't even sum up the show I saw in Bloomington Friday night!! My two fave LIVE songs were played ("Rain on the Scarecrow" & "If I Die Sudden") and I can now add "Right Behind Me" to that list. As long as I can hear one (or any) of those three songs at every concert I go to, I will be satisfied!  Needless to say, once I had heard those three songs last night, my night had been made....and then I was pulled up on stage by Mellencamp and my wildest dream had come true!! Can't be more thankful for the ULTIMATE concert experience Smiley

Here are links to my photo album and slideshow from the concert!

http://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/RO8hcnQA/1/4885974

http://albums.phanfare.com/slideshow.aspx?i=1&db=1&pw=RO8hcnQA&a_id=4885974

ENJOY Smiley

OMG - thank you for sharing the pictures and the "mellen moment!", what a wonderful evening that must have been for you!!
slm1206
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 12:52:58 pm »

I will be at the Nashville show as well. The ticket says, concert at 8:30, film at 6:45. I don't know if there is any reason to get there early to watch a film. Any suggestions anyone?
mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 04:36:36 pm »

it's a documentary about the making of the new cd.  i saw it in bloomington and found it interesting and entertaining
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: