John Mellencamp Community
March 19, 2024, 02:10:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Going to Ames?  (Read 32314 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: October 24, 2010, 08:19:19 pm »

Tell us about it, plan a meet up, tell us what quality tickets you purchased!

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
tattudemellenhead
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 11:45:11 am »

6 months away and I am bubbling with excitement!!  That is awesome that he is coming through Ames!!  Cannot wait!!  Smiley
prymsu
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 05:14:35 pm »

I am a nervous wreck waiting for the moment to get my tickets tomororw! I hope I don't screw up and lose out on an opportunity to get super seats.  I hope i can get super close.  I love "my man" John Mellencamp!  In fact ask anyone who knows me, and if I say the phrase "my man", they all know I am referring to John and not my husband.

I met him a few years ago, and my best friend made the comment about him autographing my item first because after all he was "my man" and he sure got a kick out of hearing that.

mellenheadinohio
Global Moderator
One of the Crazy Ones...

~~ Paula

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 06:14:19 am »

don't be nervous, it'll go just fine  Smiley

i recommend checking your ticketmaster account to make sure all your info is current, or creating one if you don't already have one.  and sign in on there a little while before the tickets go on sale.  it should keep you signed in for a little bit even if you close out that screen.  at least, it always helps me to do that.  one less thing to worry about, or being trying to register when purchasing tickets.  (i always like to be familiar with the seating chart ahead of time too)

good luck!
prymsu
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 10:29:16 am »

Thank you, I got Row A which I believe is in the Orchestra Pit seats 3 and 4, which I hope the numbering starts in the middle and works its way out.  I tried to select what I thought might be more in the middle but it was not an option.  Thank you!

I was confused on the Premium Ticket Package Price - each was $252 per ticket, but I don't give a care.  I am hoping I have the best seat in the house!  Thanks for all the help and information.
tattudemellenhead
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 11:36:08 am »

Hello Prymsu--Looking at the seating chart I printed off, it appears you got exactly what you think you got.  Smiley   And also appears seat 1 starts in the middle and works out from there.  Good for you and hope you have an awesome time!!  I ended up getting Row 4 on the main floor, this after I picked the wrong ones.....I will be selling those at face value. 
prymsu
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 11:49:49 am »

Thanks, and I found that detailed numbered seating chart afterwards.  I could have had seats 1 and 2 but I wasn't sure if those started at the end and worked in, so I am glad it worked out.  We should plan a meeting place if there are enough people interested!  Thanks and have a great day!
seuss
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 01:14:16 pm »

Just found this thread . . .I got Row 1 (behind the 3 orchestra rows, of course) . . .this is going to be a fabulous venue to see JCM . . .wish it was sooner!
tattudemellenhead
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 05:02:33 pm »

Yes, we will have to get together, that would be very cool!  Smiley    Have to keep in touch over the next 6 months, can't wait!!!
prymsu
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 05:43:44 pm »

sounds great.  I plan on staying overnight in Ames, so either before or after we could maybe plan something.
seuss
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 07:48:06 am »

I'm local . . .work on the ISU campus . . . so if anyone needs directions, recmomendations, suggestions . . .feel free to ask and I'll do the best I can Smiley
prymsu
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 12:45:43 pm »

Could you please make a recommendation on accomodations.  Is there any that are decent within walking distance to the theater?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.
seuss
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 03:07:19 pm »

Could you please make a recommendation on accomodations.  Is there any that are decent within walking distance to the theater?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately there's really nowhere to stay w/in walking distance.  Stephens Auditorium is the performing arts center at Iowa State University so it's in a complex that includes the basketball arena, football stadium, conference center and another smaller theatre.  Let me do some research and then I can post a list of what I'd consider decent hotels that are the closest.  Plus I can probably post a link to a map of the area if that would be helpful. Smiley
prymsu
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 03:43:26 pm »

thanks a bunch.  We can take a cab if we have to!  I really appreciate any advice or info you can give.
seuss
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 12:11:05 pm »

OK folks - sorry it's taken me so long to post this info.  I'm sorta all wrapped up in Colllege football right now Grin  Here's some links that you all might find useful regarding the Ames Mellencamp show.

ISU Center information (includes maps, parking info).  Stephens Auditorium is part of the ISU Center (along w/ the football stadium, basketball arena and Fisher Theater).  BTW, there's tons of free parking around the venue if you're driving in.

http://www.center.iastate.edu/newsite/guests/maps.html

Hotels:

ISU has a hotel within it's Student Memorial Union which is within walking distance to the venue.

http://www.mu.iastate.edu/en/hotel_memorial_union/rates/

Best Western Univ Park Inn & Suites (.5 miles from ISU Center)

http://bestwesterniowa.com/hotels/best-western-university-park-inn-and-suites

Holiday Inn Ames Conference Center, ISU (1 mile from ISU Center)

http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/ames/amwia/hoteldetail#

Gateway Hotel & Conference Center (1 mile from ISU Center)

http://www.gatewayames.com/content.php?id=26&loc=5&parent=0&t=Home

Hilton Garden Inn (2 miles from ISU Center)

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=AMWGIGI&WT.srch=1&008=&004=1603564081&005=3398563517&006=4512498901&007=Search&merch_urlid=67211537&002=2147810

AmericInn of Ames (5 miles from ISU Center)

http://www.americinn.com/hotels/IA/Ames

There's lots of motels in Ames . . .these are just a few closest to the venue.  The only one I've ever stayed in is the Gateway and it was 25+ years ago so I can't really recommend any of them based on personal experience Smiley

I also checked the ISU calendar for the date of the show and don't see many other activities going on.  If we were looking at a football or basketball weekend, rooms would be in short supply but that obviously isn't an issue in April!

Hope this info helps . . .

Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: