John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 12:46:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First time!  (Read 15181 times)
kbvinje
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2010, 10:28:33 am »

Hi! I will attend my first Mellencamp-consert at this show - if I get a ticket. I'm travelling all the way from Oslo, Norway for this show. Will there be any fan club-met up or something ...?!?
kyralexis72
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 10:45:00 am »

This will likely be a popular show!  I am hoping to attend as well, and know several others that I'm getting tickets with!  We would love to meet up, so we will have to figure it out closer to the show!  I'm not sure if I will be able to meet prior since it starts so early, but we'll be able to figure that out later!  We will definitely be able to meet, though!  Looking forward to it!!!
~Kyra

Try to keep your mind open
And accept your mistakes
Save some time for living
And always question your faith

Could it be that this is all there is?
Could it be there's nothing more at all?
Save some time to dream
'Cause your dream could save us all - JM
littlesusie39
Global Moderator
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 10:04:33 am »

that sounds awesome! If anyone ends up with an extra ticket, let me know i might be interested.... Roll Eyes

Freedom’s Road:  If you want to take a ride
Well you’ve got to pay the toll

ottawa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 03:04:33 pm »

I forgot about ticket sale until 75 minutes after the start but I managed to get two in Row L.
I believe that this is my first greater than 100 dollars for a regular ticket that I paid for. I got two gold tickets at Terre Haute in 2005 and I think they were 125.00 but my birthday is a week after the Clowes Hall show and it is far better than Hinkle  in terms of sound so I am pleased to be going to the one show. I will considered it my birthday gift. Will there be chances to win meet & greets like at CCB? I have yet to win but you never know. I have that Zepp song lyric in my head "Your time is going to come"  Brian Smiley Cheesy Shocked

Hello how are you?

Is anybody in there?
kyralexis72
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 05:16:17 pm »

I forgot about ticket sale until 75 minutes after the start but I managed to get two in Row L.
I believe that this is my first greater than 100 dollars for a regular ticket that I paid for. I got two gold tickets at Terre Haute in 2005 and I think they were 125.00 but my birthday is a week after the Clowes Hall show and it is far better than Hinkle  in terms of sound so I am pleased to be going to the one show. I will considered it my birthday gift. Will there be chances to win meet & greets like at CCB? I have yet to win but you never know. I have that Zepp song lyric in my head "Your time is going to come"  Brian Smiley Cheesy Shocked

Brian, if there is a MeetnGreet, I hope your time is now!!  Looking forward to seeing you at Clowes.  And i totally agree.  Barb & I are going to be there and really didn't want to have to go to Hinkle if we didn't have to!!

Try to keep your mind open
And accept your mistakes
Save some time for living
And always question your faith

Could it be that this is all there is?
Could it be there's nothing more at all?
Save some time to dream
'Cause your dream could save us all - JM
upfromindiana

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 07:01:39 pm »

Looking forward to seeing you again Brian!!  It has been too long!

If you needed a friend, I'd be your best one - John Mellencamp

May your journey to your resting place, leave a smile upon your face - Dane Clark
ottawa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 12:10:11 pm »

Hey I got my Tickets for the show yesterday. It going to be a movie that turns into live music.
Back in 1977 I saw Alice Cooper on "The King Of Silver Screen" Tour where the stage was like a hugh TV set. He would be on screen then jump out of the screen and then he was there right in front of you live on stage. It was as if he would jump out of the screen and as his body came through the screen it would disappear off the screen then later he would jump back into the screen and his image returned to the screen. The screen was made of long strips about 5 inches wide giving it the appearance of a solid surface which allowed him and the dancers ect... the ability to jump in and out of the giant TV screen. Well I don't expect John to jump out of the screen to suddenly be live on stage but it would be cool. It was B.T.O. (Bachman Turner Overdrive) that was the opening band on this Tour De Force show in 1977.
Brian Cool

Hello how are you?

Is anybody in there?
kyralexis
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 10:38:47 am »

The show will start promptly at 7pm - well, that's when the movie will start.  If you haven't already seen the movie, I recommend getting there in time to see it.  It's really interesting and I enjoyed it both times I've seen it!

I know some of you will be coming from work, and there also isn't a lot to choose from as far as dining in the area.  If we were going to meet for dinner or drinks before the show, we would need to probably meet around 4:30 or 5pm. 

Another option would be to get together after the show if we're not all ready to go home and go to bed, lol!  I'm assuming that I'll be exhausted and since I have to still get up early the next day that will not be as appealing to many.

Doug suggested that we meet a little early in the parking lot and tailgate.  What do you all think of this idea?  Any other ideas or suggestions, or does anyone even want to do anything?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: