John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 02:22:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OPS vinyl  (Read 10933 times)
hoss13820
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2018, 11:37:05 pm »

I’ve had the cd for OPS since it was released. I was glad to receive the vinyl version today! I have a question regarding the version of Teardrops will fall. On the cd, it’s a different version from the one in trouble no more. John shares verses with a female vocalist (not sure who)...it was odd that the Viynl omits this version, and includes the original trouble no more version. Can anyone shed some light on this?
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 04:01:45 pm »

I personally love the duet version on the new album, don't know who the female voice is either, if i had to guess i'd say Martina McBride, Was thinking of getting the vinyl, i think i'll pass on it now.
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 10:10:13 pm »

I’m confused... the version of OPS I bought on iTunes sounds exactly the same as the versions from prior albums... but now I am reading reviews that some of the songs on OPS are remixed/remastered from their prior versions. Am I missing something, are their multiple versions of this album??
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 11:50:15 pm by WildNight » Logged
hoss13820
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 11:57:07 am »

The only difference I can speak of is the difference between the viynl and the cd! That difference being the two versions of Teardrops will fall. Odd that there is thy difference - you would think the vinyl would just be a pressing of what’s on cd. That being said, the vinyl sounds great!
hoss13820
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 12:01:27 pm »

Update! I just listened to Teardrops on Apple Music, and it is the original Trouble no more version as well. It appears the duet version is exclusive to the CD. Strange!
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 12:44:14 am »

I can confirm the Teardrops Will Fall version on my Apple Music is the original version from TNM as well. YouTube music and Amazon music also are from TNM. Decided to go buy a hard copy and was able to enjoy the duet version! I think it’s better than the original. I’m not sure I hear any differences in the other songs though. It’s interesting because Cryptic Rock said To The River, In My Time of Dying, Teardrops Will Fall all included subtle differences. I wonder if Republic Records has any additional info?!?
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 07:36:19 am »

It’s interesting because Cryptic Rock said To The River, In My Time of Dying, Teardrops Will Fall all included subtle differences. I wonder if Republic Records has any additional info?!?

I couldn't tell you what those ''differences''are, but Cryptic Rock my be on to something because to my ears all three songs sound better on the new album. Smiley
hoss13820
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 03:31:23 pm »

Can anyone at Mellencamp.com shine any light on these differences? Specifically why the duet version seems to only be on the cd?
WildNight
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 03:01:20 pm »

Can anyone at Mellencamp.com shine any light on these differences? Specifically why the duet version seems to only be on the cd?

Agreed... without this thread I would not even have known about the Teardrops duet available on the CD only. Any insight would be much appreciated.
johnsgurl4ever
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 10:05:23 pm »

Did anybody find out who the female is on Teardrops will fall?  My guess is Karen Fairchild.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: