John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:18:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What ONE song do you want to hear next weekend?  (Read 23128 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: October 21, 2010, 07:19:47 am »

John's tour starts next weekend.

What ONE song do you hope he plays and why?

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 07:43:16 am »

Right behind Me.  Mirium and John and John Gee.  That is why.....
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 09:32:09 am »

Rockin version of "If I Die Sudden", as the band played it
@ Housing Works, in NYC.  It kicked butt the way the band
played it.   So looking forward to Radio City Music Hall in Feb!
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 09:36:31 am »

I'm going with "Hard Times for An Honest Man" -- there's such a great, uplifting R&B melody to that song that would be great to hear live. It would have to go in the full band segment of the show, which I'm sure will be earmarked for hits only, but that song, and so many others on The Lonesome Jubilee, are brilliant in that they have wonderfully uplifting melodies to counterbalance such bleak subject matter. Great stuff.  
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 02:07:33 pm »

I would go with the Right Behind Me, too.  What a great song, great sound, really focusing on JM the songwriter and his incredible range of talent. I think it would really give the audience an unexpected thrill.  I can't see anyone NOT like this song, expecially LIVE!

Dar
akajanie
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 05:40:14 pm »

I always thought "I Need a Lover" would make a great kick-off to a concert... I've always pictured John M strutting out during that long fabulous intro...
dusty947
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 07:22:10 pm »

The West End.............. Live! He performed it on the Travis Smiley show and the band and him kicked butt.  He plays the guitar Hard on that song..... Right Girls?
Can't wait for what is in store on this first leg.  I hope many surprises.  Not the same OLD thing.  John, we need NEW!  Not the same songs performed over and over.  Let's move forward.......  Hot Dogs and Hamburgers is also a good choice.  I know that that song has alot of words but you can do it.  You don't have to remember Easter Eve, but you can remember H & H......It would be like when John Prine Performed "Lake Marie".....Live on his tour this year..... Us Die Hard Fans would love it..................................................and do love it.  That is why I am a big fan of 7609.  You John, picked the songs.  No one else.  I would have picked the same........................Do the same for your tour!

jcooperdj
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 07:37:50 pm »

One of the 2 older songs he played in Moline  I need A Lover or Aint Even Done With The night
johnsindianagirl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 09:19:30 pm »

I want to hear "If I Die Sudden".  I love watching John get into that song.

Mandy
littlesusie39
Global Moderator
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 12:18:59 pm »

i would love to hear WIICK (What if I came knocking) but i am almost sure i won't

Freedom’s Road:  If you want to take a ride
Well you’ve got to pay the toll

lkunze

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 11:15:59 am »

How about "Rodeo Clown?"  Probably wouldnt happen but that would be nuts..."Hotdogs" would be great too...
dolly23
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 11:55:16 am »

Love Rodeo Clown......always blast it, when I am in car!
mitch1982
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 03:42:50 pm »

Longest Days.  Has to be one of my favourites and gives me chills each time I listen to it.  Very poignant comment on life and would be great live.  Suggested it to Dane in July '10 after that gig....maybe when in Toronto in 2011 it will be on the playlist?
fourloops
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 08:46:28 pm »

Would absolutely LOVE to see the band do the Walter Reed version of Walk Tall.  Absolutely a fantastic arrangement!  My other 2 favs are WIICK and Longest Days.  We can all hope I guess.  Cool

jcooprx
walktall2010
Global Moderator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 10:42:49 pm »

i would love to hear WIICK (What if I came knocking) but i am almost sure i won't

Why not? He's plays that one a lot. I'd say it's highly likely for the rock segment.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: