John Mellencamp Community
April 25, 2024, 02:33:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Falling From Grace  (Read 4818 times)
notmoving
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2017, 08:14:56 pm »

Hello All!

I am gratified to see the excellent album Falling from Grace is included with John's comprehensive box set. But why is it not mentioned individually? It is superb. Roger Ebert reviewed the movie with "Mellencamp turns out to have a real filmmaking gift. His film is perceptive and subtle, and doesn't make the mistake of thinking that because something is real, it makes good fiction," awarding it 4 stars. Rolling Stone said of the film "Screenwriter Larry McMurtry speaks the language of longing, and Mellencamp knows its cadence. He gives a vivid portrayal of a man whose dreams don't jibe with reality. He's made an admirably unfussy movie that sneaks into your heart with the hypnotic power of a song," and of the soundtrack, "A snapshot of all that is good in country and folk music." I never understood why the soundtrack seemingly disappeared from the world. It's much too good to ignore.
Jgmanns81
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 11:25:40 pm »

I love that soundtrack it is really very hard to find a good one and that's one you can put on and never need to change a song just playing it all the way through and the movie is one of the greatest movies I live in Seymour too so I know where it was all made so it's cool to see my hometown in a movie of course it's been on many videos as well but it's always cool to say oh there's the jays market when it ain't there now
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: