John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 08:36:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mellencamp Exhibit At The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Opening Nov. 10th  (Read 7153 times)
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2016, 01:00:59 pm »

THE ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME OPENS NEW EXHIBIT CAPTURING THE CREATIVE FORCE OF JOHN MELLENCAMP 
The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame presents a special exhibit on the life, art and music of 2008 Inductee John Mellencamp. Opening November 10, 2016 in the Ahmet Ertegun Main Exhibition Hall, the exhibit features over 100 items, including handwritten lyrics, guitars and paintings. “In working closely with John Mellencamp to create this exhibit, it was very clear that he embodies what rock and roll is all about – rebellion, being true to yourself, and of course, making great music,” says Karen Herman, Vice President of Collections & Curatorial Affairs at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. 

“I would like this exhibit to let people know, or discover, that I really have spent my entire life living the way that I want to live, and doing what I want to do,” Mellencamp says. “And, that I consider myself the luckiest guy in the world for being able to do that.” Read the complete press release on Mellencamp.com that includes a list of some of the artifacts from John's personal collection contained in the exhibit.

JOHN MELLENCAMP'S CRITICALLY-ACCLAIMED PLAIN SPOKEN TOUR COMES TO AN END
After a run of over 115 shows beginning in John’s home state of Indiana in January 2015, the critically-acclaimed Plain Spoken Tour ended last Friday in North Dakota at the Chester Fritz Auditorium. We would like to thank all the fans for coming out and supporting this amazing tour over the last two years.  We look forward to seeing everyone on the road next summer. Read reviews from the last leg HERE 

JOHN VISITS TOLEDO'S TENT CITY   
John was the Honorary Mayor of Tent City, in Toledo, Ohio on Oct. 21st, just a few hours before his sold-out concert at the Stranahan Theatre. Since 1990, Tent City has been Toledo’s annual event to help the homeless.
Watch 1Matters Founder Ken Leslie's (the creator of Veterans Matter) introduction and then John's speech before this year's Walk To End Veteran Homelessness. Mellencamp first visited Toledo in 2007 and was the inspiration for the sponsor of Tent City and 1Matters.Org

Thank you for your continued support!! TonyB & SharonC - The Mellencamp.com Web Team - [email protected]
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 03:57:02 pm by sharonc » Logged
williehagfan1
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 02:47:51 pm »

Congratulations, John! This exhibit is long overdue! You are truly one of the great Rock N'Roll, Americana, Roots music artists of all time! I hope that The Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame realizes what an honor it is to have your personal belongings and artifacts on display.
CherryNJBomb
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 01:33:36 am »

I agree!  This exhibit is long overdue.  I've loved you to pieces since I first heard Jack and Diane on the radio while on break working as a Wooldworth's Waitress in Jersey!   I've been a loyal fan ever since.   I would love for a group of diehard loyal fans to trek up to Ohio for this - all together.  Just have our "john" talk.  Maybe Tony or the powers-that-be can make this happen?  I for sure would assist.  I have skills  Cheesy  I love your music so much, I relate to it.. and along with the Rolling Stones, you remain part of the true soundtrack of my life... Your music is in my vein's John!! I know the tour just ended.. maybe we need another one?  Lotsa Mellencamp love from Jersey!! Congrats JCM!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: