John Mellencamp Community
March 19, 2024, 02:27:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John Could Have Been Brad Pitt?  (Read 10245 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: October 07, 2010, 11:37:38 am »

From today's VH1 Classic Rock Nights Report:

http://www.vh1classicrocknights.com/2010/10/06/mellencamp-could%E2%80%99ve-been-a-movie-star/

MELLENCAMP COULD’VE BEEN A MOVIE STAR

Posted: Oct 06, 2010

Today, John Mellencamp turns 59.  While he’s spent nearly three and a half decades making music, a few years back, the singer made a decision that, had he gone the other way, his life might have been a lot different today.  He told us about it.

“You know they used to want me to be an actor all the time and I used to get more movie role offers.  That’s when I was – believe it or not, I used to not be as ugly as I am now.  And they gave me this script called Thelma & Louise and they said, ‘The guy wrote the part with you in mind John, you really gotta do this part.’  And I read the script and I thought, ‘Yeah, I get it but I don’t want to take my shirt off.’  So Brad Pitt took his shirt off and look what happened to Brad Pitt.  I was that close.”

Mellencamp stuck to singing and that’s what he’ll be doing on the 16th in Boston.  John is appearing at T Bone Burnett’s Speaking Clock Revue along with Elton John, Elvis Costello, Gregg Allman and many others.  Learn more at Mellencamp.com.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
sugarmarie_1980
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 09:54:05 pm »

HA! Love hearing "stories" like these. JM behind the scenes.

This getting older
Ain't for cowards
This getting older
Is a lot to go through
mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 10:08:59 am »

too funny! Roll Eyes

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
jakesmom204
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 10:26:41 am »

Now I have to watch that movie....
kyralexis
Global Moderator
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 08:52:43 pm »

HA! Love hearing "stories" like these. JM behind the scenes.

LOL!!  I love it too!  Some of the best stuff!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: