John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 06:41:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sammy Hagar Red Rocker Blog: Sammy Meets Up With John For Rock & Roll Roadtrip  (Read 5810 times)
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2016, 08:54:01 am »

http://www.redrocker.com/redheads/user/sammyhagar/blog/sammy-meets-john-mellencamp-rock-roll-road-trip

"Just filmed Rock 'n' roll road trip with John Mellencamp. One of my favorite interviews in my life. John is the real deal. It was really great, him and I hit it off even better than I expected.
I've always been a fan, I knew him and I could connect on some soulful level and we did. We played a song which is an old blues folksong called "Delia". No rehearsal or anything so it was raw, rough, and ready, but very cool song.

He's a fantastic artist/painter - he had a collection of work that I went through every piece and chose one called "Puppet". He insisted on giving it to me, but I am writing a check to Farm Aid or some other charity of his choice for the painting. It will be put up on display in my restaurants one month at a time before it goes in my home.

All I can say is John is the real deal, he's an uncompromising artist and has been for a long time and has good reason, heart, and soul behind it. I truly believe and hope we will be friends for a long time after today. I never got close to him before only met a couple times once at Farm Aid in '85 which we had a good laugh about my live shout out to 70,000+ in attendance "here's a song for all you tractor pullin motherfuckers". Ouch. It was on Live TV, live radio all over the country right before I played 55.

Hopefully John will invite me be back to Farm Aid next year and let me redeem myself. He's a good man. Very special show for sure." - Sammy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: