John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 07:57:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: There Are Nice People In This World  (Read 6576 times)
MrSickboy50
MrSickboy50
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« on: July 08, 2016, 01:23:50 am »

I have to post something here because it's just so unbelievable. It's not completely John Mellencamp related but I feel it's important to tell.
So I am not rich. I do not grow money on trees in my backyard. That being said, when they announced the John Mellencamp tour for this October, I was conflicted. I didn't know whether I was going to have enough money to see him.
Then in June I learned that another artist I wanted to see, Elton John, was also touring near me in September. He is retiring, so I knew this would be my last chance to see him. I was once again lost. I just didn't know what to do- clearly I couldn't afford one concert- let alone two. The prices of "classic rock" concerts have been on the rise so much lately.
So I was destined to be doomed- or so I THOUGHT. Earlier in July for my birthday, friends and family gave me a total of $220- something I was NOT expecting!! So then I knew I was at least going to the John Mellencamp concert. That was all I could ask for. I was so happy that people had pitched in and gave me all that money. It meant a lot to me.
But then it gets BETTER. Today, I was graciously given $300 freakin' dollars from practical strangers... just so I could go to this Elton John concert. I mean you GOT to be kidding me!? Right? The amounts of happiness in my heart right now is EXPLODING. So now I have enough to go to BOTH these concerts. And now they're marked in my calendar- these are such big days!
This is just something that could only happen with the help of other generous, kind people. I just want to point out to you guys that miracles CAN happen, and to NEVER lose your hope. If there's a concert, or a person you want to meet, or a goal... whatever that may be, NEVER give up. With the right community and people around you, you CAN accomplish anything. And this is proof.
So I think the best song to describe my mood right now would be "Thank You"!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qvKuHgJXtk

I'm 19 years old and proud to be a hardcore John Mellencamp fan. - Brianna Hojnacki
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: