John Mellencamp Community
April 16, 2024, 06:17:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Got good seats for Columbia, MO  (Read 11431 times)
jcooperdj
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2016, 06:04:33 pm »

Thanks Tony for the presale.   Got great seats.    If anyone ends of going post on here I will check back now and then.   
MrSickboy50
MrSickboy50
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 08:28:20 pm »

Ahhh awesome! What row? I got lucky at a previous show. I had some pretty good seats, but they were off to the side. Me and my friend were sitting alone on the side, and the security guard asked us if we wanted to sit in the FRONT ROW, CENTER. You betcha I had a HUGE smile on my face, haha! Turns out they were trying to fill in empty seats (weird because the show sold out). Maybe something awesome will happen to you. It was the greatest thing a security guard ever said to me haha! I got to touch John's hand because I was so close!  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:29:57 pm by MrSickboy50 » Logged

I'm 19 years old and proud to be a hardcore John Mellencamp fan. - Brianna Hojnacki
littlebastard
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 11:03:40 pm »

I'll be at Columbia, MO. If you are in the house, you will have good seats in Jesse Auditorium. The place is pretty small. Should be a great time.

Suck it up and tough it out and be the best you can.
jcooperdj
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 09:55:07 pm »

Row J   I was wondering what ever became of Mellenme   I have not seen her since the Moline IA show in 2005 when she was helping out.   I drove down to Jesse Hall about 10 weeks ago and checked out the parking and the place.   Could not look in the auditorium as it was locked up.   I drive to Columbia frequently to shop.    Like going to shows i can drive home afterwards.  Parking is free after 5 PM in the parking garage across the street.    Street parking is free after 7 pm.
littlebastard
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 10:23:48 am »

Getting ready to head to CoMo in a couple of hours. Got my Mellencamp t-shirt on and ready for a fun day and great night!

jcooperdj
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 10:29:37 am »

Pulled out my RET tour shirt I got in 1999 at the Kansas City ampitheater.   It is my favorite tour shirt.   Will be on the side row 10
littlebastard
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 12:47:57 am »

Outstanding show!!! End of the tour shows are always great. The band was on fire. John was still nursing the cold and was coughing a lot, but seemed to be in a great mood and was dancing around and having a good time.
Set list (as best as I can remember)
1). Lawless Times
2). Troubled Man
3). Minutes To Memories
4). Stones In My Passway
5). Check It Out
6). Small Town
7). Pop Singer
Cool. The Isolation of Mister
9). Longest Days
10). Jack & Diane
11). The Full Catastrophe
12). Indigo Sunset (with Carlene Carter)
13). My Soul's Got Wings (with Carlene Carter)
14). (Fiddle and Accordion Medley)
15). Rain On The Scarecrow
16). Paper In Fire
17). Crumblin' Down
18). Authority Song
19). Pink Houses
20). Cherry Bomb

Some of the early ones may be a little out of order.
John and the band sounded great and the crowd was into it...great show!

jcooperdj
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 09:18:53 am »

It was a great show.  It would be nice if there was a recorded version of My Soul Has Wings.   I liked that duet ok maybe it was a triet since Miriam sang a small part.    I liked his acoustic Life Is Short Even On its Longest Days.    Great venue and show.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: