John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 06:11:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: John Mellencamp Plain Spoken 2016 Australia Tour Dates Cancelled  (Read 23239 times)
Sk8ingMellenhead
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 11:21:17 pm »

Is it unfortunate that the Aussie tour was canceled? Absolutely. However, given the fact that John has lost his brother, I think the crass attitude around here is rather distasteful. John did not screw any of you over. Interesting how so many of you think so highly of yourselves. For the canceled events, I understand your money is being refunded. We don't know the exact reason for the tour being canceled, but regardless of the reason or reasons, it would be great if we could stop dogging John. We are his fans after all aren't we? Instead of getting uptight, think about John and his family and pray for them or keep them in your thoughts. It's never easy to lose a family member. John's music has helped many of us through our ups and downs, joys and sorrows, the least some of you could do is have a little compassion.

Sk8ingMellenhead

It's what you do and not what you say, if you're not part of the future then get out of the way.
edhead
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2016, 10:27:50 pm »

Wow I am sorry for all you Aussie fans! As psyched as I get for his shows here in the states if I had tix and got the rug pulled out from under me I would be crushed, as some of you are.  Again very sorry!

A quick look at the size of the venues he was scheduled for leads me to believe the promoter over promised.  Here in the states John is playing small theaters, like in the 2-3000 seat range, and even they do not always sell out. The small theaters are great, and I am happy to be there (and as you know he has stated he's done being a rock star) but it is a step down from arenas. Also  I thought it was odd that the Aus shows were moved from summer to winter.

Purely speculation here but I would bet JM Inc was promised the world to come there so they said ok.  Then when it looked like someone was going to lose their shirt it all fell apart. And perhaps when the promoter came back for concessions, well we can imagine what JM might have said.
Again I know nothing, all above is just my worthless opinion.   Very sorry to hear about his brother, but if that was the reason the April US dates would be cancelled, not June dates.

I have flown to JM shows and road tripped to many, and again my condolences to all you fans who lost money, and will not get to see this great show by a living legend.  It just sucks.  To paraphrase, "There's a void in your heart, and a hole in your dreams"
Hopefully he will make it there in the future
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: