John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 06:01:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: John Mellencamp Plain Spoken 2016 Australia Tour Dates Cancelled  (Read 23237 times)
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2016, 05:32:04 pm »

John Mellencamp Plain Spoken 2016 Australia Tour Dates Cancelled
03.03.2016 -
 The John Mellencamp “Plain Spoken Tour” that was scheduled for June is cancelled.  All tickets will be automatically refunded.

Tickets Purchased by Credit & Debit Cards
Tickets purchased by credit or debit card will be refunded in full (including your ticket insurance premium, if relevant) and you do not need to take any action. Please allow up to 10 working days for the refund to appear in your account.

Tickets Purchased by Cash & EFTPOS
If you purchased tickets by cash or EFTPOS Ticketek or Ticketmaster will be in contact with details of how to obtain a full refund.

Australian dates cancelled as below:
Perth
Tuesday 14 June 2016
Perth HBF Stadium

Adelaide
Thursday 16 June 2016
Adelaide Entertainment Centre

Sydney
Saturday 18 June 2016
Sydney Allphones Arena

Canberra
Sunday 19 June 2016
Canberra AIS Arena

Melbourne
Wednesday 22 June 2016
Rod Laver Arena

Newcastle
Friday 24 June 2016
Newcastle Entertainment Centre

Brisbane
Sunday 26 June 2016
Brisbane Convention Centre

Back
MrSickboy50
MrSickboy50
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 08:00:03 pm »

If you don't mind me asking... why?

I'm 19 years old and proud to be a hardcore John Mellencamp fan. - Brianna Hojnacki
marksherry
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 01:47:54 am »

I'm really gutted by this decision. It's not good enough. I paid for airfares to Australia from New Zealand for the February concert, I paid more when the concert was postponed, and then they cancel it. No reasons given, no compensation for costs incurred, not even an apology.  I feel cheated.
gerrycan70

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 08:40:42 am »

Knew this would happen, the writing was on the wall in November.

What sucks is for people like me and other loyal fans who've forked out their hard earned $$ on flights and accommodation on interstate shows to support John.

Not only that, people like me, had to pay fees to have flights changed from Feb to June adding extra cost.

We've done our $$$ cold, refund of the ticket cost is little comfort to the hundreds of $$ we lose on supporting an artist. 

The reason for the cancellation is two fold:
1. Poorly promoted by Dainty Group
2. Overpriced Tickets (compared to 2008)

End of story!

I doubt Australians will ever get to see John perform again, unless he changes promoters and there's a review of the overpriced ticket structure.

Bitterly disappointed, given I've been a loyal fan for years!   Sad Sad Sad Cry Cry Cry
gerrycan70

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 08:51:02 am »

I must also add my disappointment / comments  is not a reflection on Tony and Sharon, they're the meat in the sandwich.  Peace and Aussie Love to you both!   
johnpalassis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 08:58:38 am »

Loved John since 1979 been to every tour. This cancellation is definitely the greedy promoter worried they would lose money. JM has a very loyal fan base here, we had front row up close and personal tickets for PERTH. I'm very disappointed too but only have love and admiration for JM. I know you would still play to us whether there were 5000 or 50000 in a stadium. Just keep making great music that we can enjoy. Maybe will catch you in the USA one day.
Clifford1465

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 03:57:23 pm »

You've got to be joking. Paid good money for tickets and accommodation. Screwed around once with a change of date ( more expense incurred) now show cancelled with no explanation. Complete contempt for fans. Angry
humanwheels73

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 04:03:08 pm »

Ted Mellencamp [John's Brother]  has passed.
sheilafarmer
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 04:13:34 pm »

I just heard the news about Ted. My thoughts and prayers go out to John and the family!
So very sorry.
mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 10:43:49 pm »

I hope that a few of those who have posted here dissing JM for cancelling the Aussie tour are now going to apologise and show him some sympathy over the loss of his brother, Ted.

John and family, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
gerrycan70

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 06:40:09 pm »

I hope that a few of those who have posted here dissing JM for cancelling the Aussie tour are now going to apologise and show him some sympathy over the loss of his brother, Ted.

John and family, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

The tour wasn't cancelled due to the loss of his brother.

Yes it's a sad time for him and his family no doubt. I'm sorry for his loss as many others would be.

However, when loyalty to an artist costs you financially (non refundable flights and accommodation),  you do your money cold, you have every right to expression your opinion and  disappointment. Especially when the cancellation involves poor ticket sales and promotion, nothing to do with personal issues.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

I see that the tour cancellation was removed from the John's main music facebook page. Treat Australian fans with utter contempt, like it's meaningless!!  I have been a fan for decades as I'm sure plenty others have and we shouldn't get our fingers burnt financially for our loyalty!

mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 09:42:30 pm »

So I'm guessing Gerry, that you have inside information about why the tour has been cancelled. As to why the tour was rescheduled in the first place, I think that is now apparent.

Yes, it sucks when you have booked flights and accomodation, but it is personal choice as to which shows an individual chooses to attend. I considered flying interstate but decided the financial risk for me was too great, I guess some chose to take that chance, and lost. It sucks, but I guess now those affected have the choice to lose that money or take a few days break

I feel that maybe a little compassion could be shown to a man who has suffered a loss. A man who through his music has helped many of us through some dark periods in our own lives. 

As for freedom of speech, here it is: you've said your piece, and I've said mine.

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
MrSickboy50
MrSickboy50
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2016, 10:47:36 pm »

I live in the United States so I don't have to worry about the cancellation of this tour, but I feel for every one of you. And I feel for John's loss, gosh nothing good's gonna come out of this situation, it seems? It sucks being such a great fan, getting all excited to go and pay to see the best songwriter (EVER!) perform live and then all these troubles pop up. I'm having issues myself with seating arrangements at the show I want to. It's literally the WORST experience I've ever had with buying tickets. The Plain Spoken tour was GREAT last year, I don't know what the hell is happening this year. To be quite frank, I don't even know what the hell is happening at all lol

I'm 19 years old and proud to be a hardcore John Mellencamp fan. - Brianna Hojnacki
ern44

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 05:20:20 am »

this really pisses me off . I booked pre sales and the computer booked us in the Hunter valley instead of Brisbane . then the show dates gets changed to June and we got allocated sets in the nose bleeds and NOW you cancel the Australian tour what bullshit not good enough . We were so looking forward to this despite the stuff ups . by the way I was your driver in Sydney 1988 tour watched the show every night and loved it. I want a refund on the Plain Spoken CD I have recently bought. Very unhappy ex fan Eric
mavrick

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 10:04:50 pm »

We deserve 2 explanations tour was made back in October for Australian tour in February postponed...? Then this b.s tour cancelled indefinite.....? John needs to man up and tell us why he screwed us over I am still a fan don't get me wrong but I think if John was to turn around and tell us why then I'm sure most fans will then understand because all websites in Australia are stating that ticket sales were down compared to 2008 John should play smaller venues I am sorry if johns brother passed away if that is so why hasn't he cancelled the April tour....? Please tell us why...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: