John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 01:47:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: John Mellencamp tour rescheduled from February to June 2016  (Read 13819 times)
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2015, 11:05:21 am »

ANNOUNCEMENT: Please be advised that the forthcoming Australian tour will now take place in June 2016.  For those who have already purchased tickets, they remain valid for the shows in June and you will be contacted shortly with full details.  Complete venue and ticket details will be posted in the near future.

John Mellencamp New Tour Dates
Perth: Tuesday June 14, Perth HBF Stadium *New venue
Adelaide: Thursday June 16, Adelaide Entertainment Centre *New venue
Sydney: Saturday June 18, Sydney Allphones Arena
Canberra: Sunday June 19, Canberra AIS Arena
Melbourne: Wednesday June 22, Rod Laver Arena
Newcastle: Friday June 24, Newcastle Entertainment Centre *New venue, replaces Hunter Valley
Brisbane: Sunday June 26, Brisbane Convention Centre *New venue
Swell67
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 11:27:55 pm »

Whatever the reason for the change, I am happy that certain venues were changed and am hoping that meets and greets will be added to the super expensive tickets now...Smiley

The hunter valley accommodation prices were pumped up because of the show and were generally listed as 'non refundable;', therefore many of us are out of pocket - in my case $495, then you add the changing flights $178 and the hoping that friends who were coming originally, can go now...yikes. Looks like will have to get a refund for Adelaide and Hunter Valley just cover my losses. Sad

Will we get the option to get a refund if we are unable to attend the new dates? How does this work with the super expensive tickets [$500-$600+] I bought that I want to keep - are we guaranteed the same spots, I'd be devastated if I got worse seats? Will they reissue the tickets with the correct venues, dates, times and rows on them? How will that work with the Hunter Valley ones? I really want to finally get to see Mr Mellencamp - 3 times before I had to get a refund [due to personal illness or injury]or the show was cancelled and refunds given - please not a 4th time! Smiley

Thanks for your time and sorry for all the questions, no harm intended and I hope John is well and this was not because he is unwell. Syl
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 03:17:20 am by Swell67 » Logged
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 08:22:57 am »

Whatever the reason for the change, I am happy that certain venues were changed and am hoping that meets and greets will be added to the super expensive tickets now...Smiley

The hunter valley accommodation prices were pumped up because of the show and were generally listed as 'non refundable;', therefore many of us are out of pocket - in my case $495, then you add the changing flights $178 and the hoping that friends who were coming originally, can go now...yikes. Looks like will have to get a refund for Adelaide and Hunter Valley just cover my losses. Sad

Will we get the option to get a refund if we are unable to attend the new dates? How does this work with the super expensive tickets [$500-$600+] I bought that I want to keep - are we guaranteed the same spots, I'd be devastated if I got worse seats? Will they reissue the tickets with the correct venues, dates, times and rows on them? How will that work with the Hunter Valley ones? I really want to finally get to see Mr Mellencamp - 3 times before I had to get a refund [due to personal illness or injury]or the show was cancelled and refunds given - please not a 4th time! Smiley

Thanks for your time and sorry for all the questions, no harm intended and I hope John is well and this was not because he is unwell. Syl

Direct your questions to the promoter The Dainty Group, they will work with both ticket sellers to map over the tickets to correspondingly close sections in the new venue to their best ability. I suspect you will get a refund for the ticket difference.

Keep us in the loop at [email protected] if you have any questions, but I think at this point don't expect to hear much until early January with the holidays coming up.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Swell67
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 02:13:50 pm »

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Tony. cheers and all the best for Christmas to you and all those involved here.
drazen
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 10:10:03 pm »

Can someone at least give us the courtesy of an explanation??

And simply referring us to the Dainty corp ... cop out .. What is we cant make the ne dates??
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 01:06:09 pm »

You can get a refund if you can't make the new scheduled date. Dainty Group is the promoter on this group and they are the point people for assistance and questions since they are the local expert on the venues and ticket sellers.

mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 08:26:51 pm »

Hi Tony.   Just wondering if you can shed some light.

I am still waiting to hear from venue as to what the go is with tickets purchased for Feb, then noticed last night that tix go on sale today for re scheduled show. I cant afford to purchase tix "just in case" but desperately dont want to miss the concert.  I emailled Dainty Corp to ask them, but their reply is that they are closed for the Christmas break until next week.

I'm feeling a little anxious!

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 09:07:21 am »

Hi Tony.   Just wondering if you can shed some light.

I am still waiting to hear from venue as to what the go is with tickets purchased for Feb, then noticed last night that tix go on sale today for re scheduled show. I cant afford to purchase tix "just in case" but desperately dont want to miss the concert.  I emailled Dainty Corp to ask them, but their reply is that they are closed for the Christmas break until next week.

I'm feeling a little anxious!

We are in the same position you are. The people we work at The Dainty Group are on Christmas break. We have numerous unanswered questions too.

mellenq
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 07:57:52 pm »

No worries Tony. Thanks for your reply.

As it stands at the moment, I still have tix bought earlier. I'll just have to ride it out and see wahat happens.

only promises I know to be true, are the promises made from the heart. ~MQDU~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: