John Mellencamp Community
April 18, 2024, 06:50:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question About Fan Mail Again  (Read 7998 times)
MrSickboy50
MrSickboy50
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« on: September 13, 2015, 04:40:59 pm »

Hello, I have a question about fan mail again. So I was reading the directions on how to send John mail. The contact page doesn't seem to be clear on something. I want to send John some fan art (like a drawing or mini scrapbook, etc.) for his birthday which is coming up. I understand that only flat/small items are accepted. However, I don't want his autograph. I just want to give him some fan art. Can I do that? I will make sure that my letter and art follow all the directions just like any other letter.

I'm 19 years old and proud to be a hardcore John Mellencamp fan. - Brianna Hojnacki
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 06:17:51 pm »

Hello, I have a question about fan mail again. So I was reading the directions on how to send John mail. The contact page doesn't seem to be clear on something. I want to send John some fan art (like a drawing or mini scrapbook, etc.) for his birthday which is coming up. I understand that only flat/small items are accepted. However, I don't want his autograph. I just want to give him some fan art. Can I do that? I will make sure that my letter and art follow all the directions just like any other letter.

You can mail something like this to John. We request smaller/flat items for space at the post office and in John's office. Occasionally items do sit at the post office for  People do mail tokens of appreciate to John.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
MrSickboy50
MrSickboy50
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 09:13:43 pm »

Awesome! Thanks for clarifying. I just didn't want to go through all this effort to make something for him if I wasn't able to send it to him after all.

I'm 19 years old and proud to be a hardcore John Mellencamp fan. - Brianna Hojnacki
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 12:09:38 pm »

Awesome! Thanks for clarifying. I just didn't want to go through all this effort to make something for him if I wasn't able to send it to him after all.

Sorry didn't finish my thought, one of the reasons we recommend smaller items is because the USPS will return to sender larger items that go more than a week without pickup, which very occasionally happens when John's staff is really busy, or maybe if someone is on vacation etc.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
MrSickboy50
MrSickboy50
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 04:22:45 pm »

It's fine, and I understand! Smiley
Oh, by the way- I'd like to say that I think it's very cool that John has a community where fans can ask these sort of questions and get quick answers from you guys. I don't know any other artist who has something like this! This Mellencamp community is such a good idea. With all of us Mellencamp fans here too- it feels really intimate and personal here. So I just want to say thank you for keeping this Mellencamp community alive; I know not too many people go on here but it's well worth it to those of us who do! Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: