John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 05:47:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT MELLENCAMP FAN FEEDBACK NEEDED - RE ROLLING STONE  (Read 10415 times)
sharonc
Administrator
Certified Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2015, 01:53:37 pm »

Mellencamp fans,

We have some important work for you!

IF YOU CAN BELIEVE IT - Rolling Stone just released their list of the 100 greatest songwriters, but John is nowhere to be found! Lets ban together and voice our opinion to Rolling Stone and the world!  John was not included and that's a travesty with all of the amazing songs John has written over the years!

Rolling Stone publishes letters to the magazine in future issues, letting the readers voice their opinions. Lets send them emails and physical letters saying why you think John should have been included. 

Make it personal, and short, but keep it from being too negative. Basically call them out on leaving him off the list and tell them why he belongs on the list, in your own words short and sweet.

Please write to [email protected] to submit a letter to the editor about something you read in the magazine, and [email protected] for a "correction." I think the former is our best bet, but I'd love to get straight through to the editors as well. We can qualify this as a "correction."

Rolling Stone
    1290 Avenue of the Americas
    New York, NY 10104 - 0298

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-songwriters

Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/RollingStone

Twitter Account
@Rollingstone

Please post back here letting everyone know that you sent something, the sooner the better.
kicker
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 06:30:33 pm »

A giant fuck you to RS, any rag that wouldn't include John in their top 100 songwriters is completely irrelevant and therefore not worth the effort.

I haven't looked at the list because my gut feeling was that John wouldn't be on it, Rolling Stone has no credibility with me, they're garbage as far as i'm concerned.

There are two songwriters i'd put ahead of John, they are Bob Dylan and Paul Simon, and if if i were to judge them on their last four albums John would probably be on top.
MrSickboy50
MrSickboy50
I'm ROCK-in' In The USA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 02:21:31 pm »

That is completely stupid... John is such an underrated songwriter!!! I'm DEFINITELY gonna have to send them and email and request that John should be somewhere on the list. He deserves it! With all his incredible lyrics... very meaningful! Ugh- I can't believe Rolling Stone would leave him out. Even Johnny Cash called him one of the top 10 best songwriters!!!

I'm 19 years old and proud to be a hardcore John Mellencamp fan. - Brianna Hojnacki
Smalltownboy
One of the Crazy Ones...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 12:26:16 pm »

If it is a legitimate list, John's name would be on it.  These lists are sometime so ridiculous.  I wouldn't waste a second on lists like this.  We all know John is a terrific singer/songwriter.  That's good enough for me.

Mike
Swell67
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 04:32:55 am »

Rolling Stone Mag used to have credibility. Now it is a common rag like the rest.
I know John is a great sonwriter and I don't a list to tell me that. IMHO.  Smiley
CherryNJBomb
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 07:28:20 pm »

Rolling Stone magazine is guided by advertisement and is no longer a magazine to be recon with when it comes to the value of a good song let alone a fantastic, honest and authentic songwriter like John.   I will write them.  Anything for John.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: