John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 02:14:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Song title Needed - HELP  (Read 6438 times)
Skeetdog
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2015, 07:34:59 pm »

Seattle show on July 19, John played a song I was not familiar with early on. I have been searching and did not find it on the new album and went through a lot of the catalog. Song was (loosely) about doing your best and getting up after you fall down etc - I REALLY want to get this song - but I don't know the name - can someone help?
MNorris149
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 09:17:24 am »

Not sure but it might be "Life is short even in its longest days". Look it up on youtube to see if this is what you are looking for.

Good luck!
Lisa
Georgia
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 10:48:06 am »

Seattle show on July 19, John played a song I was not familiar with early on. I have been searching and did not find it on the new album and went through a lot of the catalog. Song was (loosely) about doing your best and getting up after you fall down etc - I REALLY want to get this song - but I don't know the name - can someone help?

My guess would be Minutes to Memories from the Scarecrow album (voted in the past by fans as the best song John has written). It has a line about suck it up, tough it out and be the best you can.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Skeetdog
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 04:23:53 pm »

Minutes to Memories is the one! Thank you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: