John Mellencamp Community
April 19, 2024, 09:14:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebrate Record Store Day Saturday!  (Read 5575 times)
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« on: April 17, 2015, 10:06:22 am »

Click to view the full newsletter with links:
https://t.e2ma.net/webview/2842h/f0cc277db1f49fec4af5f3e0eab5f605

GET AN EXCLUSIVE MELLENCAMP ART PRINT THIS SATURDAY!
In celebration of Record Store Day, this Saturday April 18th, John has provided exclusive prints of an original oil on canvas painting for those who pick up a copy of his newest album Plain Spoken on CD or vinyl at participating record stores, while supplies last!

Be sure to get out to your local store Saturday to get a print before they are all gone! Visit the Record Store Day website to find your local participating store.
"Immersing yourself in the environment of a real record store where music is celebrated and cherished adds real value to the experience of buying music. In some ways, that retail experience is as important as the music." - John Mellencamp

Additionally, the Record Store Day Headquarters has a framed, autographed version to give as a special souvenir of Record Store Day 2015 through a contest on their website.  Head over to the RSD website to get a list of participating stores and to enter for your chance to win this amazing autographed print.
Here are thoughts from fans about the print and Record Store Day:

"He appreciates his fans, that is cool…"

"I'd love to win this. I'm a huge fan and so is my daughter. He gets better with age but I love Cherry Bomb!"

"Proud of my fellow Hoosier...celebrating and supporting Record Store Day…"

"I LOVE seeing John support Record Store Day this year! It's so very important to help independent record stores stay afloat (nothing better than hands on searching thru bins of music). It takes me back to my young girl days!"

"How cool! I have been listening to his new album on vinyl. It's such a great sound. I'm happy to see he's supporting the small business records stores!"

"I bought my first John Mellencamp album, Uh Huh, on vinyl at my local record store, and I bought his latest, Plain Spoken at my local record store! There's still nothing like going into a record store to buy an album. It's more than finally getting your hands on that long-awaited new release. It's the sights, the sounds, and the experience. I expect nothing less from an artist like John to support Record Store Day!"

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
bss794
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 02:11:04 pm »

Two of the stores listed in my area are closed and one does not have the print. Sad
MNorris149
Authority Fighter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 08:46:40 am »

I couldn't get it either. I wanted the vinyl and the poster. The stores I talked to said they had no control over what they received. They just get the boxes and open them and find out which items they received. I was disappointed but I also realize that sometimes Georgia and South Carolina can be a little lax about getting John Mellencamp items period.

Lisa
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: