John Mellencamp Community
March 28, 2024, 03:11:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1978-2012 Box Set  (Read 7082 times)
shakeyjrc
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2015, 10:48:23 am »

Are the actual albums remastered by Gavin Lurssen or are they the same as the 2005 remastered albums by Bob Ludwig?
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 07:47:47 am »

Are the actual albums remastered by Gavin Lurssen or are they the same as the 2005 remastered albums by Bob Ludwig?

I do not believe the albums were remastered again, the box should be the 2005 versions. Where did you see the Lurssen credit? It's possible he is the mastering engineer on the albums that were not remastered in 2005 (like Life Death Love and Freedom etc)

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
shakeyjrc
Experienced Mellenhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 08:21:48 am »

I was just checking, I thought they were the same as the 2005 remasters but a Amazon.com reviewer advised the box mastering is better than the 2005 remasters, which I now realize the reviewer was incorrect.

I do wish for a new remastering of John's albums since the 2005 remasters are too bright and loud, Gavin's remastering of the tracks on the Rural Route box set is much better.

Perhaps one day John will approve a high resolution master release of his albums on Neil Young's Pono music site.
TonyBClubManager
Administrator
Mellencamp Authority

My Name: Tony

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 07:37:01 am »

I was just checking, I thought they were the same as the 2005 remasters but a Amazon.com reviewer advised the box mastering is better than the 2005 remasters, which I now realize the reviewer was incorrect.

I do wish for a new remastering of John's albums since the 2005 remasters are too bright and loud, Gavin's remastering of the tracks on the Rural Route box set is much better.

Perhaps one day John will approve a high resolution master release of his albums on Neil Young's Pono music site.

I am not 100% sure that the albums were NOT remastered either, I have not listened that closely to compare the box to the 2005 versions.

TonyB Webmaster, Mellencamp.com
Email [email protected] for assistance or questions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: