John Mellencamp Community
March 29, 2024, 02:43:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Visit Mellencamp.com's NEWS section for all of the latest updates!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Birmingham March 12th Show  (Read 4099 times)
southernhoser
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2015, 09:06:50 am »

I'm 66 and been going to concerts since the Motown days. Seen Motown acts, James Brown, classic rock groups. But THIS SHOW was the best I've ever attended. Numerous 3 generations of folks attended, always cool to see. John was great singing his new songs opening with Lawless Times (so damn unfortunately true), old songs, and a few others. His Robert Johnson number was great as well as a bit of his James Brown moves. His duet with Carlene was excellent and different but enjoyable and entertaining. I think the audience was very appreciative of the band's performance as John's music makes you move and think, always has.

Thanks John and Band, yall were excellent and very entertaining. Glad I was able to see yall finally after all these years. I loved that there was no encore which has gotten a bit ridiculous lately in my view. It ended and that was it. Refreshing and something one would only expect John to pull off.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 09:59:26 am by southernhoser » Logged
copper2448
Mellencamp Community Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 09:53:25 am »

I was also at the Birmingham show as well, and John is nothing but Amazing. It was the best concert I have ever been to, and hope like hell he will be back because if he does, you can bet I will be there!

Thanks John! You are AWESOME!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: